Chapter 8: The Man called Var and Meeting Shuri!

When Veelex opened his eyes he saw that he was in a black space like place with numerous coloful lights surrounding him.

Veelex stared in wonder as he muttered: "W-Where am I?"

Suddenly a voice sounded.

???: "Welcome to your Inner World!"

When Veelex turned around and saw who it was, he saw a handsome man with blonde hair and dark red eyes. Veelex felt weird the moment he laid eyes on this man, he felt as if there was some sort of spiritual connection between them.

Shaking his head and shurgging off the feeling, Veelex asked the man: "Who are you? And did you say this was my inner world?"

???: "Me? Well I guess you can just call me Var. And yes this is indeed your inner world. Actually I'm quite surprised that you managed to enter here despite being so young. It just probably means that you possess a strong soul though."

Veelex muttered: "...Inner World"

Veelex had read about this 'Inner World' before, among the books in Vasco's mansion. It was stated that when a being's consciouness enters their inner world they would gain a better understanding of themselves. It was even said that if a Sacred Gear user's Sacred Gear possessed a soul inside it, then that Sacred User can converse with that soul by entering their inner world.

Var smiled and said: "From your expression it seems you already know what this Inner World is."

Veelex nodded: "Yes I've read about this before. But um.... Mister Var? You still haven't told me who you are."

Var scratched his head in embarassment and said: "Well it's a bit complicated um....."

"Ah!" Suddenly exclaimed Veelex: "I remember! I got teleported to the top of a hill and I was being surrounded by the people who wanted to kidnap my friend Jeanne! One of them even had a corrupted light sword!"

Remembering this Veelex immediately became on guard against Var as he asked the latter: "Are you one of them? Did you capture me?"

Var shook his head and calmly replied: "I promise you I'm not one of them. Well... it's not like I can prove it though. But still! I swear to you I'm really not one of them. Also this place is truly your inner world."

Veelex relaxed a bit and said: "I can feel my connection to this place so I guess I can believe your words a bit. Not to mention I don't really feel any hostility from you. And besides.... if you really are one of them it's not like I can do anything to you."

He then gave a forced smile and continued: "I can feel that there isn't an ounce of strength left in my body."

Var's tone then turned soft as he said: "Your just tired. With rest you'll regain your strength back."