Chapter 10: Members of the Himejima Clan Attack!

Sensing the numerous auras coming towards their home Shuri immediately instructed both Akeno and Veelex to quickly get inside the shrine.

Seeing Shuri's expression, Veelex couldn't help but ask: "What's wrong Aunt Shuri? Why do you look so anxious?"

Akeno who was also curious tilted her head and asked: "Mother is something wrong?"

Hearing their questions Shuri just showed a gentle smile and said: "Nothing's wrong. I just need the two of you to stay here while I go handle something important do you understand?"

Akeno was a bit confused but still nodded in obedience.

As for Veelex his expression turned serious as he thought: "From the way Aunt Shuri's acting somthing seems to be truly wrong..... And I have a feeling it has something to do with those numerous magic users coming towards us."

He then turned to Shuri and said: "Aunt Shuri I...."

But before he could continue his words Shuri had already placed her hands on his shoulders and whispered in his ear: "Child I can tell that you have a lot of secrets on you. But please let me handle this myself. It is an adult's duty to protect the children after all."

Veelex truly had nothing in response to those words.

Shuri then smiled and said to Veelex: "I won't take too long. So please protect Akeno until I get back alright?"

Not knowing what Shuri whispered to Veelex, Akeno simply tilted her head in curiosity.

After a moment Veelex simply nodded to Shuri and said: "....I understand.... Aunt Shuri."

Shuri then patted Veelex's head and said with a smile: "Good Boy."

Shuri then turned to her Daughter and said: "Make sure to always stay close to Veelex until I gate back alright?"

Akeno simply nodded in obedience once again: "Yeeees!"

Seeing this Shuri also patted her head and said with a smile: "Good Girl."

She then went out of the shrine and closed it's front door.

If one were to look closely, they would be able to spot a small tear running down her cheek.

At this moment Shuri had resolved herself to protect the two children no matter what happens.

Shuri: "No matter what these people want I must make sure to protect my Daughter and her new friend."

She then chanted a small spell and suddenly an aurora colored barrier covered the entire shrine.

Shuri looked worriedly at the barrier: "I hope the barrier manages to hold until my husband returns."

Shuri then stood in front of the barrier covered shrine and waited for the unwelcomed guests to arrive.

.................................................................................................................

In an area close to the shrine.........

The Elder of the Himejima Clan turned to one of his subordiantes and asked: "Has the special barrier been set up?"

His subuordiante nodded and replied: "Yes Elder! The magic barrier that can block the effects of all contact magic circles has been completed. What's more it is also capable of hiding any form of supernatural auras within the area."

The Elder gave a satisfied smile and said: "Good very good. This way even if they assume it was us who did this, they won't have any evidence to back it up."