Chapter 1

*Aiden's POV*

my friend Blair and I were both 9 when this happened. It was funny, until I got in trouble. My dad is one of the Dauntless leaders, his name is Eric. My dad kinda hates Blair, but Blair's dad, Four, kinda hates me. I never really cared, he hated me, my dad hated Blair. But me and Blair were always best friends, we didn't really care what our parents thought.
We were in the bathroom and I was washing my hands. Blair was drying her hands, when I tryed
to whipe the bar of soap in my hands on her, she immediately jumped back. This made me surge forward at her laughing, missing her again. "Can't get me!" Blair ran off and I was on her tail.
Blair had always been a little faster than me, but it didnt matter to me. She ran into the dining hall, I followed her. She went over a table, witch turned a few heads at us, as I followed. What we both didnt know that her dad was watching the entire time.
And at just the right moment, she stopped behind my dad, she didnt know this, I didnt eather. I chuckled the bar of soap at her, over shooting it, hitting my dad, square inbetween his shoulder blades.
Blair turned around and started backing up running into me. I started giggling and she did too. My dad had turned around, trying to reach behind him to his shoulder blades. "Aiden!" My dad glared at me. "Eric!" I whisper yelled back at him. This made him even more mad.
Blair elbowed me in the ribs and ran off. I stood there, all alone, in my fathers stone cold glare. He walked up to me and grabbed my arm, dragging me off. I tryed to keep up, but it was hard. I looked back at Blair, smiling, she smiled back laughing as I got dragged out.
*Blair's POV*
I watched as Aiden got hauled off by her dad Eric. Laughing I went and sat down with my friends. We laughed and talked about how Aiden hit him in the back, and how he had a white mark on his jacket.
Finally, Aiden walked back in with her dad behind her, burning holes through her head. Aiden sat down with us watching her dad watch her. "How'd it go?" I asked "Awful," Aiden replied "He's making me go to Amity with him tomorrow."
"Why?" I asked "You'll see." was all her reply was when my dad walked over to us. "Were going to Amity to make an agreement." I watched him walk off.