Chapter 6

*Aiden's POV*

I ran with the rest of the Dauntless. Outside we climbed up to the train tracks. The train came rumbling town its tracks. I smiled and started running as everyone else did. I saw the Dauntless leaders jump onto one train cart, Daisy was following them. I jumped onto the train. I sat down by Blair and Chloe. Daisy sat beside us.
"Daisy." Blair whispered. "Remember the last time we jumped on a train?" She asked.
"Yeah that was horrible." She replied. Blair laughed a little.
"I am so excited!" Chloe yelled.
"Get ready Daisy." I said. "Your not gonna like this." Daisy looked out the door of the train.
"Their jumping!?" She yelled.
"Yep." I said as I jumped out and onto the building. Blair was next. Then Chloe. Then Daisy.
"What if we don't jump?" Daisy asked Chloe.
"You'll be factionless." She replied.
When I stood up from jumping off, Blair was already there. "Listen Up!" My dad yelled. "My names Eric, and if you want to enter Dauntless this is the way in." He pointed to the hole behind him. "Well, someone's got to go first." His eyes landed on me. I nodded watching him jump down.
Blair elbowed me and I elbowed her back. Blair sprinted ahead of me I quickly grabbed her arm pulling her back, running forward. We seemed to go at the same pace. We both jumped but when we hit the net, I went head first. Blair landed on her back. I started toward the edge of the net but I saw Blair's dad. He stared at Blair and me.
"First jumpers Blair and Aiden!" He yelled. Everyone cheered. I laughed rolling off with Blair, she was laughing too.
"Your dads a Dauntless born instructor?"I asked in a whisper.
"Yeah. He asked if he could teach Dauntless born this year so he could see me. You didn't know that?" She whispered back.
"Nope." I replied. Just then Chloe then Daisy came down and hit the net, Chloe first, Daisy second, they were screaming, then laughing. I watched as Four helped them off the net.
*A LOT OF JUMPERS LATER*
Four stepped in front of all the initiates. Then a girl stepped beside him. "My name is Four." he said.
"Like the number!?" Chloe asked laughing.
"Exactly like the number. If you want to survive Dauntless keep your mouth shut." He snapped at her. "Understand?" She nodded right away.
"I am Lauren." The women said.
"Alright Transfers go with Lauren, and Dauntless born stay with me." Four said. I smerked watching Daisy go with the transfers. Four led us a room filled with beds. "This is where you will be sleeping. Boys and Girls." Everyone glared at each other.
I nodded already knowing everything when he showed that we all showered with no privacy. Four walked over to Blair, Chloe, a boy, and me. "You four will have private showers. And private bedrooms."
"Why?" I blurted out.
"Because your dad is a leader. Blair is my daughter. Tris wanted Christina's kid, Chloe, to sleep and shower in a private place. And Lauren's boy, Hunter, is going to sleep and shower in a private room because Lauren is an instructor and leader." He whispered harshly at me. I raised my eyebrows as they immediately lowered when his hand raised. "Get to the pit!" Four yelled walking off with everyone trailing behind him.
I raised my hands and waved them "Scary-" I earned a few laughs that died when Four glared back at us, then I knew I had to stop.
We walked out to the pit, Max was giving a speech to the Transfers. On Max's right was Lauren, on
his left was my dad. Daisy looked at us and smiled. I smiled back.
When the speech ended Lauren led off the transfers. Four led us to the training room. My dad was got there before us. He sat on a bench. As I passed by he stared at me. It was awkward. Really awkward. So I stood by the other initiates waiting for Four to finish his small speech. I annoyed Blair most of the time. She punched me in the stomach the third time I did it. I
stiffled laugh while holding my stomach.
"First two jumpers, in the ring." My dad hollered. My eyes windened as did Blair's. I shuffled to the mat and got up on it, Blair did too.