Chapter 23

***Sana's POV***

I woke up with the sunlight touching my face. My eyes felt heavy and I find it hard to open them then I remembered what happened last night.

Oh right, I bawled my eyes out last night..

My heart felt heavy when I remembered the cause of my crying.

When I saw the marks, I didn't try to talk to him about it, I just pretended that I saw nothing. I couldn't bring myself to accuse him of anything because I was afraid of what he was going to say. I was afraid that he would say straight to my face my shortcomings in our relationship.

Sex.

Even though we have been together for so long and that I was certain he was the one I wanted to spend my life with, I still wanted to wait for the right time before we take our relationship to the next level, and that right time would be on our wedding night.

He would try and persuade me to do it, you can call me prude and old-fashioned, but I believe that sex should only be done by married couples. And so, I wouldn't budge even after his so many attempts.

This could be his reason of him having other women on the sideline, for the pleasure of having sex. I'm not blind and stupid, I know of it all. There were words on the grapevine but I did nothing. I said nothing. I just pretended that it was not him they're talking about.

When I felt the familiar pain, I decided to get up and just pack my things to not go down the memory lane any further.

When I opened Tzuyu's bedroom door, I smelled bacon and pancakes.
Tzuyu probably cooked breakfast before going to work.

I decided to eat first since it's still early but I was surprised to see Tzuyu in the kitchen, busy setting the table. She was wearing a plain loose shirt and boxers. I like this look on her. She seemed more relax, more casual, more outgoing, more approachable.

"Hey, I thought you were going to work this morning?" I asked her when I sat at one of the vacant seats.

"Good morning to you too. And no, I decided to stay," Tzuyu gave me a soft smile when she answered.

I knew it was because of me that she changed her plans for the day.

"I'm sorry for last night, Tzuyu. I didn't mean to cry like that."

Tzuyu chuckled before answering, "It's okay. I'm glad you were able to get it off your chest."

"I would appreciate it though if you're not going to do anything about it...?" I was trying to test the waters on how she was going to react.

I saw her sighed heavily and her jaw clenched.

Oh no.

"I cannot promise you that, Sana."

"Please, do it for me. Please, Tzuyu?" I pleaded but she didn't answer.

"I was the one at fault here, I allowed him to continue doing it by doing nothing. I was the coward one and-" I was shocked when Tzuyu slammed her fist on the table.

"Stop! You should never make excuses for him by belittling yourself! It was his own doing and his alone!" It was the first time I saw Tzuyu this angry and I was a little scared. Her face is all red and she was visibly shaking.

"I'm.... I'm sorry, Tzuyu. I-"

"For fuck's sake stop saying sorry, Sana! None of this is your fault!" I was shocked. I cannot say if her anger is directed to me or what.

She rubbed her temple before continuing, "Finish your breakfast so you can start packing your things."

Tzuyu stood up then went inside her room.