Epilogue

***Sana's POV***

I was busy looking at the young kids playing happily at the playground in front of the coffee shop where I had her afternoon meeting.

"I will look forward to hearing your decision, Ms. Minatozaki," said the man while holding his hand out.

I just gave a small nod while returning the man's gesture. I carried my bag and went to the playground to see Bambam standing in the corner with his casual wear. When Bambam noticed me, he spoke to his microphone, giving signal to their chauffeur that they're about to leave.

I was just about to take my fifth step inside the playground when a small body wrapped itself on my thighs.

"Mommy! You're back!" The young girl excitedly said, her happiness upon seeing her mother is evident on her high pitch tone.

"Hi baby! Did you miss me?" I leaned down to receive my daughter's sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Yes! But I enjoyed my time here! I met a new friend!" The young girl said.

"Really?" I was surprised that my daughter was able to befriend someone in such a short period of time. Not that my daughter is hard to get along with, it's just that my daughter is very selective on who she's going to let in in her life.

And my life too.

At a tender age of 5, Beauty is matured compared to other kids her age. She can already speak clearly and she seems to understand things kids around her age don't. One reason could be that she grew up with almost no children in her life, aside from school, of course.

"Where's your new friend? Can I meet her?" I asked my daughter.

Beauty looked around, when she noticed the young boy standing a couple yards away from them. She ran to the boy and grabbed his hand and brought him to her.

She has her days when she still acts like a kid.

"Oh!" I faked a surprise look. "So your new friend is a him? What's your name baby boy?" I asked the young boy. He seemed younger than my daughter, and a bit tanned.

"I'm Jay and I'm three years old!" The boy introduced himself while holding out his hand, showing three fingers, well more likely like 2 and a Half.

"Wow that's a very pretty name! So, Jay, tell me, has Beauty been good to you while you were playing?" I asked this young boy.

"Yes!" The young boy said while smiling.

"Mommy! Jay lived abroad! He told me different stories and different animals and different birds and how they lived there!" Beauty said excitedly, words rushing on her small lips.

"Okay okay baby, speak slowly, we're not in a hurry," I said while chuckling.

You're very much like her.

No no no! She's not like her and she didn't get anything from her! She's mine and mine alone!

I returned my attention to Jay.

"Beauty said you were from abroad? Where are your parents? Why are you playing here all by yourself?" I asked him.

"They will come back, they're just buying some ice cream," Jay said and just then his attention shifted on my back.

"Mommy!" He excitedly said then ran to my back. I turned around to greet his parents but was surprised to see the woman hugging him.

"Jihyo?" I softly said. I'm not sure if it was really her. Aside from the fact that I haven't seen her for years, she looked Different.

"Sana?" Jihyo seemed shocked to see me as well.

"Oh my god! How long has it been?" I hugged her. I was kinda baffled because it took her a couple more seconds to return my hug.

"Yeah, it sure has been long," Jihyo said. She looked nervous.

"I didn't know you got married and this young bubbly boy is your son! Where's your husband?" I asked her.

The last time I heard of Jihyo was when she had her farewell party. She said she's going abroad to find herself. She said she felt like there was something missing in her life. Seeing her married and has a son probably meant she found what was missing in her life.

"I didn't… I… Look, Sana.. I-" she was cut off when Jay called her attention.

"Mommy!" Or so I thought he was calling for her attention. But Jay ran away from us. I followed him to see he was being carried by someone.

"Are you that excited to have your ice cream, buddy?" The person said. Even without seeing that person's face, she knew.. no.. she knows.. she knows who owns that voice.

How long have I waited to hear that voice again? How long have I waited even for a single telephone call? How many times did I call her, just to hear her voicemail? Just to hear that Voice?

Her voice..

I felt like I was in the middle of an avalanche. I felt cold, and I couldn't move. My heartbeat is racing, my palms are getting sweaty and shaking at the same time, and my legs are getting wobbly.

When she raised her head, our eyes met.

It felt like everything that surrounds us stopped. Suddenly, time stopped. No, they did not stop. They vanished. I can only see her, and I can only hear my own crazy heart beat getting crazier and crazier.

I swallowed, trying to collect myself, when I heard her voice again.

"Sana."

That simple word, that single word, is the last draw. It shook me to my core and I could no longer stop myself.

A tear escaped my eye when I said this Word,

"Tzuyu."

Author's note: This brings the end of book 1. Stay around for book 2

By the way, I'd like to know your thoughts 😔 about this book though.

Thank you for your votes and comments!