Chapter 40

***Sana's POV***

"Tzuyu, I love you. I don't know when and how it started, all I know now is that I love you so much and I don't want to hide this anymore. I just want to come clean to you, no secrets, and I don't want us to be each other's secrets. I want to hold you in public, I want to have dinner dates with you, I want to kiss you without any care of what others would think. I just want you and you alone."

"No! My confession should not be that long, it sounded like I practiced it and it doesn't come out sincere as I wanted it to be.."

"But I'm practicing now, ain't I? God! I don't remember it was this hard when I told Mark my feelings before," I sighed while holding the spatula. I was in the kitchen preparing the dinner Tzuyu and I would be sharing while having that "talk".

I smiled instantly when Tzuyu came into my mind. Before Tzuyu left this morning, we decided to talk about whatever's going on between us. So, I'm preparing something romantic for both of us and practicing what I wanted to say to her.

Tzuyu has always been with me, since the very first day I met her when she took my father back home from those kidnappers. She protected me from nasty brats and perverts whenever I go clubbing. She was supportive of me when I told her I wanted to be in a relationship with Mark and she protected me all throughout my relationship with him.

Eventhough I didn't ask for anything, she gave me everyhing. I didn't need to ask.. she's always there for me with open arms.. and I was so stupid and blind for not knowing sooner..

I wasted so many years before I realized all these, right Tzuyu?

I sighed again before I returned my attention to what I was preparing. I wanted this night to be special and memorable because this will be the start of me spending my life with the love of my life.

Tzuyu already called an hour ago saying she's on her way back home. I looked at the clock to see it's already half past six.

She should arrive in a couple more minutes.

I removed my apron and went to my bathroom to have a quick bath.

I need to make sure her food for tonight will be well-served, right?

I was preparing the table when I heard my door chimed. Suddenly, I felt giddy and nervous at the same time. I took a quick glance to see if everything has been set-up properly. A candle is in the middle of the table with two plates on each side.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. A smile was written on my face, already looking forward to greet my beloved just beyond the door.

----------------------------

***Tzuyu's POV***

Tick tock

Tick tock

Damn! I cannot stop my hands from shaking. And my heart, why is it beating so fast? This is not good! I haven't been this nervous in my entire existence! No matter what my mission was, no matter who I encounter; a high-class criminals, drug lords, the President himself, I didn't feel even the slightest nervousness.

But why now? I know why.

Sana

Only her can make me feel like this.

I looked at the red velvet box on top of my table. It's not like I'm proposing to her or something. I just want to give her something. Something to seal whatever it is that's about to happen tonight.

I grabbed the small box and put it inside my pocket then I went outside my office.

"I'm leaving early tonight. If something happens and it's not important, let Hanbin handle it," I told my secretary before going to the elevator. I pressed B1 while searching on my phone where the nearest flower shop is.