Chapter 28

***Tzuyu's POV***

Wedding day

I was sitting on my bed, looking at the wedding invitation. I remembered how awkward it was when Sana handed me the invitation personally by going to the agency.

FLASHBACK

I was reading some reports from our company in Taiwan when I heard soft knocks coming from the door.

“Come in,” I said without looking up.

I heard the door open and footsteps coming to my table. I still didn't look up and just waited for my secretary to just hand me the coffee I asked earlier.

“Tzuyu,” I heard her say.

I suddenly looked up, I didn't expect her to be visiting me after our little argument before.

“Sana Please, have a seat,” I motioned one of the seats in front of my table.

“So, what brings you here?” I asked her.

“Why? Can't I visit my best friend no more?” She asked me back.

“You know that's not what I was trying to say,” I told her.

“I know. I'm sorry for saying something like that. So uhmm.. I just passed by to personally give this to you,” she then took something out of her bag.

When I saw it, I knew right then and there what it was.

Maybe Sana noticed I was hesitant to receive it, so she pushed the envelope on my office table.

“It would mean a lot to me if you could come, Tzuyu. You have been a part of my life already, we've shared many important moments and memories.. Please, I need you there, I need my best friend there,” then she stood up.

“I'll be seeing you there, Tzuyu. Goodbye,” then she walked out of my office.

END OF FLASHBACK

I sighed..

So this is it Sana.. after tonight, I need to forget you, everything about you.. your laugh, your smile, how you fidget when you're nervous, how you crunched your nose when you heard something annoying, how you smell, how you walk, how your voice sounds..

I need to get away from this place.

Taiwan. Yes, maybe it would be good if I stay in Taiwan for the time being.. to get away from her, to make me forget everything about her..
I stand up from my bed and look at myself in the mirror. I cut my hair short two weeks ago.. with how busy I was these past months and I barely had time for myself, my hair was always messy and unkempt, that's why I decided to cut them short.

New hair, new life..

I have decided to leave everything behind.

“Let's go, Tzuyu. Just one more night. After tonight, you can put your happiness first, without thinking of anyone.. without thinking of Sana..”

Just thinking of leaving Sana and not seeing her beautiful face brings immeasurable pain to my heart. I felt like there were tiny needles pricking it, slowly and deeply..

“What more if I see her walk down the aisle in a few hours..”

Can I really take it? Can I really see her walk down the aisle, walk straight to her cheating boyfriend's arms? Can I hear them exchange their vows? Can I see Sana sharing her first kiss as Mark's wife?

I felt my eyes tear up with those thoughts.. Just one more night, one more night, Tzuyu..

When I think of Mark, I remembered the conversation I had with the woman he's been hanging out for quite some time..