The Lighthouse

"Are you mad?" Alana asks Sarah Cameron who's staring off into space. Her head shakes.

"No. Not really but I mean you could've been honest and told me he needed the gear" her eyes were tired, face still a bit pink. She had just woken up. Alana found her on the boat, arms and legs thrown all over with the blanket at her feet. It was the only boat that had A.C. Alana didn't mind the heat too much.

"I know"
"So why didn't you tell me?" She pushed.
"Because I thought maybe you would've tried telling Ward about it and it would've all went to hell. Then they probably would've been mad at me for tellin-"
"For telling your cousin?"

Alana sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you okay? There's just some stuff I promised them I wouldn't talk about. You can't be mad at me for making friends"

"That's not what I'm mad about A. You haven't been talking to me how you used to since you've gotten here and it makes me feel sad that you feel you can't talk to your own cousin!"

Alana felt guilty as Sarah expressed how she felt and maybe she's right, she hasn't been talking much about anything to Sarah but not on purpose. She's been trying to make it up by spending time with her so she doesn't feel she's forgetting about her own cousin but to be fair she has been spending a lot of time with Topper who she doesn't enjoy being around. Sarah hasn't seen Topper in three days and Alana hasn't hung out with the pogues in three days either. Kiara has been hitting her up but she told her she needs to spend time with Sarah and she promises to come over tomorrow.

"I don't want you to feel sad. You're my best friend and you know I can tell you anything but"

"You promised them not to. I get it" Sarah shrugs making Alana think she doesn't.

"I feel happy, Sarah. For once I feel I fit in when I'm around them and before you say anything I don't mean that in a bad way. But I don't see myself getting along with your friends at the academy. You're the only person who lives on this side of the island that doesn't act like a total rich prick!" Sarah gapes her mouth and Alana can't help but giggle.

"It's a compliment! I love you but I need you to be okay with who I hang out with. You don't have to be completely buddy buddy with them but at least be okay with it. Being in Jamaica was hard for me. My dad never let me do much and I didn't have a lot of friends. I was a loner. They don't make me feel that way..." Alana hopes she's understood. Sarah is quiet for a moment.

"Okay. If it makes you happy then of course I'll try to be okay. Just promise you won't forget about me and leave me here alone with the rest of the crazies" she tilts her head back to the house. Rose is standing by the pool, glass in hand, waving herself and she looks up at the sky. Wheezie is in the kitchen trying to make a video. And as usual Ward and Rafe are off somewhere doing god knows what. Rafe is normally not around much. He seems different from the last time Alana seen him. Now he's 19 and dropped out of college which she doesn't know how Ward has been handling that but Rafe looks like he's grown into a full douche. He does hang out with Topper so she can't be surprised.

"Promise" she holds her pinky out. After doing their pinky promise the girls make their way out of the boat.

"Also, do you know why John B can never button his shirt up? It just hangs there on his shoulders all like" Sarah does a weird motion with her hands around her torso "revealing and what not. It's like why wear a shirt you know?"

"Can you not focus when he has his shirt all like" Alana imitates Sarah's motions, laughing while she tries to do exactly what she did.

"No" she scrunches her nose up. "No I mean... I don't know, whatever. I bet you can't focus when JJ has his chest all out, shark tooth necklace just dangling around his neck" Alana blushes at the mention of his name.