Bird

JJ pulled the juul away from his mouth after a long drag, blowing the smoke to the side as his eyes stayed on Alana's innocent face.

"You're a gem Alana Cameron" his eyes glistened in the sun making them look like they held the entire ocean inside of them. Pope is crouched over trying to not seem uncomfortable by JJ hitting on Alana. While the three of them waited and waited for what felt like forever for their friends to show up, they somehow dove into a conversation about Alana. Nothing too deep. She spilled stories about the craziest things she's done, her likes and dislikes, embarrassing stories she has with Sarah Cameron, and what she finds attractive in a guy. Question obviously asked by JJ to which she said she doesn't know because she isn't currently looking for anything in anyone. Part of her knew she was lying but she did so to protect herself.

Kie finally showed up an hour later but without John B. She explained everything that went down and how her father had to bail him out and wasn't too happy about it. He even told her he didn't want her hanging out with him. Or any of them really.

"That's bs! How are they going to charge a minor who doesn't have any parents here to defend him?" Pope says angrily.

"Because man... it's just that, if he were a kook it'd be a different story" JJ takes another drag from his silver device.

"Guys I have to get back to the restaurant before my dad kills me... Al you wanna come with?" Kie asks her. The idea of going to Kiara's parents restaurant and meeting them for the first time made her nervous. What if they don't like her? She hesitated for a second.

"Yeah.. yeah why not" she says while dusting her shorts. "We'll see you guys hopefully soon if John B doesn't run himself into anymore trouble today" Kie says before walking away, Alana following suit. Alana looked back to the two boys, waving goodbye. Her eyes locked with JJ who didn't take his eyes off her as she walked away. Damn those blue eyes.

🌊🌊🌊🌊

Alana and Kie helped her parents repaint the place. Meeting them went smoother than Alana had imagined. Her mom was very kind and soft, her father was a bit more intimidating but yet nice to her.

"It's a cute place" Alana compliments the wreck.
"Thanks. It's nice getting free food" she says. They're quiet for a moment, Kiara setting her brush down staring at the freshly painted wood.

"John B kissed me" she blurts out. Alana stopped what she was doing to process those words.

"Wait seriously?" Alana was shocked. Kie shaked her head seeming out of it, not being able to fully believe it herself. "He's my best friend and he kissed me... I don't know how to feel about it..." her eyes meet Alana's.

"Do you have feelings for him?" Alana asks not expecting her to be honest. It's hard liking someone but not knowing how to admit it. Kie sighed.

"I don't know.. I just don't want him to treat me like all the other girls who are head over heels for him you know? He's John B and girls swoon over him. And I don't want things to be weird between us, it's best if we don't take it there like ever" she admits. Her answers surprises Alana.

"I think maybe you and John B should lay it all out on the table. You two obviously care for one another but if you're scared of jeopardizing your friendship with him then keep him in the friend zone but be nice about it" Alana and Kie laugh in unison.

"Why do feelings exists? It's annoying liking someone" Kie says. Alana nods.

"Absolutely"
"Do you like someone?" Kie raises her eyebrows and Alana quickly shakes her head. She knows she could trust kie about how she finds JJ cute but it also terrifies her to say it out loud.