𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

"LET'S GO ON the ferris wheel!" Aaliyah suggested, running towards it.

"Babe, don't move so fast," Shawn grumbled, stumbling after her.

"Ferris wheel?" Jake asked me.

I grinned at him. "Let's do it."

The five of us walked to the line, which was surprisingly pretty short.

"Two per cart. Watch your step," the ride attendant called out as we boarded the ferris wheel.

"Wanna sit together?" Kellen asked me out of nowhere.

I looked at him before looking at Jake, who stared at me in anticipation. "Um, sure," I said in an attempt to be nice.

I was mentally cursing Kellen's entire lineage as we sat in the cart. Poor Jake looked like a lost puppy as he was paired with a stranger, making me wish Kellen took the night off and stayed home. I loved him, but he was getting in the way of my time with Jake. According to Aaliyah I had to confess my feelings tonight, but I could only do that if I was certain he felt the same. The only way I could assure that was by spending time with him, not being stuck in this cart with Kellen.

The ride started and all the couples on board cozied up with each other, enjoying the beautiful scenery from this height. I, however, tried to scooch as far as possible from Kellen. I should've been on this ride with Jake. What if he would've confessed his feelings on the ferris wheel? Heaving a sigh, I waited impatiently for this ride to end.

"How's your psychology essay coming along?" Kellen asked in an attempt to make conversation.

I gave him a flat look. Of all things he wanted to talk about school? "I don't know, I haven't really gotten the time to start it."

"Oh, I see."

An awkward silence fell upon us as the ride continued. Only a couple more agonizing minutes until this was over and I could go back to Jake. Speaking of my crush, he looked bored out of his mind in the cart behind us, sitting with a complete stranger.

Our eyes locked and Jake sent a heart stopping smile my way. I quickly turned around before he realized I was ogling at him.

~*~

"Where to next?" I asked as we exited the ferris wheel.

"I'm gonna take Shawn to the bathroom so we'll catch up with you later," Aaliyah said, her arms wrapped around her drunk and nauseous boyfriend.

"I feel sick," he moaned.

"I know, baby," she said as she led him away.

"Wanna do bumper cars?" Kellen offered.

I placed a hand over my growling stomach. "I'm a little hungry right now."

"Let's go grab a bite," Jake offered. "We'll meet back with you when you're done with the bumper cars, Kellen."

I left with Jake before Kellen could be our third wheel.

"What are you in the mood for?" he asked.

My stomach grumbled in response.

He chuckled. "How about corndogs and chilli cheese fries?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Grab us a seat and I'll go get the food," he offered. Jake walked towards the food vendors while I searched for an empty picnic table. I found one just around the corner and claimed it before anyone else could.

The carnival was in full swing now. The whole place was crowded with people, but that didn't ease my nerves and make me any less stressed about my stalker. They could be anywhere here tonight, for all I knew the people walking past me could've been my stalker.

"Lost in thought?"

I let out a yelp and jumped in the air, taken aback by Jake's sudden presence.

"Sorry, I should've made myself known." His eyebrows were knitted together in concern. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I sighed. "Let's eat." The last thing I wanted to do was ruin our night by getting paranoid and worried about my stalker. Tonight was supposed to be my night with Jake, and I wasn't going to let some bored lunatic ruin it.