twenty six

"you are all a bunch of idiots" i say as i climb up the tree.

"okay we get it, but this wouldn't have happened if harry hadn't come"

"shut louis! you were the one that made me throw it!"

"both of you shut up already" niall says and covers his ears.

i keep climbing up until i reach the nest where the ball got stuck in. i carefully crawl my way across the branch to the bird nest and make sure i don't make any sudden movements. it's the last day of school and they have my climbing trees for god's sake.  

"you got this liam! don't let your weight be the end of you!" zayn yells and i give him a death stare.

i keep crawling, my hands latched around the branch. and i could see all my friends watching me, their heads looking up. this will make a great movie.

i reach into the bird's nest and grab the ball, "i got it!" i yell and lift up the ball. and everyone watching cheered.

now comes the hard part, climbing down. first i throw down the ball and it hit harry's head making all of us laugh. and in that exact moment, the most cliche thing happened. the branch started to crack and i could feel myself already falling down 20 feet down to the hard soil.

i stop falling and look up at who caught me.

"i will always catch you if you fall"