forty

same night

i speed through the city, taking every short road that will take me to the airport. of course, i stay within the speed limit. i can't let anything keep me from getting to that gate.

when i reach downtown, i get caught up in traffic.

"dammit!" i slam my hands into the wheel. 

i look behind to see if any cars are behind me, luckly, there isn't. i drive in reverse until i reach the Red Lobster parking lot. i switch gears to drive and head down the highway.

i just hope i can get ot the airport on time but as i look on the clock on the dasboard, i see it's already 2:43am. i have an hour to get to that gate. shit, should've left earlier. 

as i drive down the highway i see an airplane fly above me, and i can feel my heart beat getting faster. maybe if i just go a little faster i could get there in time. but i really don't want any cops to stop me from exceeding the speed limit. i'll just risk anything to see him get off that plane. 

....

"may i see your license" the policeman asks.

i hand him my license, "listen, sir. i need to get to the hospital. my brother has a fatal injury in his stomach and i wanna see if he's okay"

"go right ahead" then he gives me my license back then i keep speeding down the interstate. luckly, the hospital is in the same exit as the airport.

i reach the airport and park in the nearest parking lot in this vast ocean of cars. jumping out of my car, i fall and hit knees first also getting my face a little dirty.

"fuck" i curse as my skin stings from the injury. i try to ignore the stinging pain from my knees as i run through the airport parking lot. when i reach the entrance, i look at the screen directory of flights.

Bradford, UK  GATE 7C  Status : Landed  Arrival : 3:23am (EARLY)

fuck. i'm not gonna make it to the other end of the airport on time. i sit down on a black chair and put my hands up y face in frustration. i was goin got surprise him and i wanted to see the look on his face when he saw me waiting for him by the gate. i waited to damn long for this. i just can't give up on him. he is everything to me and all i wanted to do was make him smile.

i could feel tears wetting my palms. why did i have to be so rude. i just want to be happy but i have to go and ruin everything for myself. 

i stand up from my chair and put on my denim jacket back on. as i walk down the quiet and empty hall i see a couple running into each others arms, "ugh cheesy couples" i say in disgust. even though i want something like that and that's the reason why i came here to pick up zayn. i was hoping maybe we could like, get together then also maybe like kiss and say "i missed you so fucking much" or like "don't leave for that long again please" but i guess i was chasing for something that i couldn't reach.

when i reach the automatic sliding doors, i heard my name being yelled. i turn around and see a running zayn with a backpack on his back almost falling out through his arms and a blue duffle bag he dropped to the floor. 

"zayn!" i yell back his name as it felt like it was the right thing to do. then start running towards him.

at halfway, we both ran into each other falling into the ground. zayn on top of me. 

"i missed you so fucking much" i say and we kissed as zayn giggled. gosh i missed that.

"i love you liam payne"

"i love you zayn malik"