Prologue

OBSESSION
________________________________

Alessandro Marcelo, thirty-five, was infatuated with his best friend's eighteen-year-old daughter, Jesse De Rose. He had know her since she was a newborn, watching her grow into a woman each day. Just as she grew, his infatuation for her grew. Thus turning into something bigger.

Something more unhealthy.

And the fact that he saw her everyday because she just so happened to be best friends with his own daughter, Clarissa, didn't help his fixation for the girl either.

Jesse, on the other hand, was oblivious to all his thoughts about her. She wasn't attentive to how he knew everything about her and the secrets he kept hidden in the lurking shadows just waiting to combust. Those caliginous fantasies that would eat her up and swallow her life whole.

Alessandro didn't find himself obsessed, despite what others thought. He believed he loved Jesse, and he would do anything in his will power to get her to love him back.

________________________________

WARNINGS

This story will contain: graphic content, mature scenes, adult language, an age-gap relationship, and mental illness. If you are not comfortable with either of these things, I suggest not reading any further.

________________________________

DISCLAIMER

Despite being categorized as "romance," this story is not something that should be fantasized about and desired. The main character has a serious mental illness. He needs professional help and their relationship is the definition of toxic, so please remember that this book is purely fiction. I wrote this book with the intent to show off the wrongs than the rights of Alessandro. It was also (quite obviously as you read on) inspired heavily by Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. This was meant to show awareness more than anything and to get in the head of someone as sick and gruesome as him. You should not romanticize this affair and want it. Affairs, homewrecking and cheating are not something that should be fantasized in real life.

That being said, I will not promise you a happy ending because I adore bittersweet things.

If this story comes off as deeply ignorant and uneducated, I am sorry. I did my best with my research on people who actually have obsessions on others, abusing them as their form of "love" (whether that be mentally, emotionally or physically) and their want for power over someone else while still trying to keep the story interesting and fiction. But, once again, I will never know what that is truly like because I am not one of those people.

You will hate him. You might even hate Jesse and every other character in this book. That's okay because not everyone is likable in life and I won't force you to like anyone. They both have their faults and flaws because no one is perfect. A perfect character is a boring character leading into a boring book. Express your hatred or love towards them as you please.

This book is told in the point of view of Alessandro. Alessandro is, clearly, a man. I am not. Therefore, sorry if the point of view is unrealistic to how a man might think or do things because I don't know how they think. Albeit, how a person thinks doesn't necessarily always have to do with gender. It all depends on the individual and their influences.

________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE

hello. this is me writing to you, the reader, as my actual, non-author, self. thank you to everyone who reads this book and that shows their support towards this book. i started writing this book in 2017 and finished it in october of 2018, but later deleted the original at 840k reads. i will be re-uploading the book chapter by chapter, but please be patient with me as i have to type everything back out and can't copy and paste it because wattpad doesn't give me the option to.

feel free to comment anything you want throughout the book, don't hold back. whether that be constructive criticism, how you feel about what's happening or any random thoughts or connections you make in the book, i don't mind. i love reading your comments and they make my day the slightest bit better. i am not a perfect writer, therefore, this book will of course have its flaws, plot holes and sometimes very cringey, cliche, predictable events.

once again, thank you for taking the time to read this and a greater thank you to those who are sticking around again to read the book for another time as i get it republished and for the continuous support. much love.

________________________________

STARTED. May 18th, 2020
ENDED.