Chapter 6

If anyone were to ask me if I was ashamed of my actions and anything else that I ever did while acting on impulse, I'd say no.

I was a rash and hotheaded man that, when pushed to my deepest limit, erupted in wrath and fury.

Was I worried about Justin's car?

The answer was a firm no. Not even in the slightest.

So I pushed that thought away and denied it from even being brought up in my head. I was fine. No one would find out. He would fix it and we'd move on.

Besides, why would I loose sleep over something as insignificant as getting caught? I was the last person on their list of possible perpetrators. They would never think that I, the man that's been involved in Jesse's life since she was in the womb and seen as another father figure, would become so overwhelmed by envy that I'd key her boyfriend's car doors.

Ha.

I spent my day off of work to print out the lascivious pictures that I had taken the night before. Following that, I went to the store as well to buy pushpins so I could put them on my wall instead of having them gather in a cluttered pile upon my dresser.

Now I could glance at them whenever I was upset, stressed, frustrated, mad. Jesse's soft features alone made me feel better and if I couldn't see her in person, I could just look at these. They'd be with me twenty-four-seven. When I wake in the mornings, and when I go to bed at night.

I had so many of them.

Her walking to her car, shopping, hanging out with friends or at high school football games. I also had one with her as a newborn baby girl, swaddled in her soft pink blanket with small mittens covering her hands.

But my favorite ones were the ones I snapped of her while she did normal, everyday tasks in her house such as changing in her room or cleaning. She held an effortless beauty that no one contained. She was just art in my eyes.

Pure art.

However, her elegance didn't cover up the fact that I was still pissed at her for those childish actions last night. Her childish actions, that is.

Who told her she had permission to do that?

Sure, maybe Justin was her boyfriend, but did she really have to go have sex with him. Maybe it was my jealousy of him that was speaking right now.

I, Alessandro Marcelo, am a grown ass man who is not jealous of a vile teenage boy.

That was complete bullshit. There was no reason for me to be jealous of him. He was meaningless to me. I was going to get Jesse without any problems and he would leave her alone for the rest of our life.

***

Fast forward a few boring days and Jesse De Rose was in my kitchen again, sitting at the counter on her phone in a light green floral mini dress with tie straps and white sneakers while loose curls brushed against her rosy cheeks.

Equivalent to a nymphet straight out of an old movie that devoted their time to seducing older men.

Prom was this Friday and I was running on limited time to meet Carissa's date, so I kept my promise of meeting the two dates and told the both of my girls to invite the boys over for dinner.

The two of them came here straight after school and got ready after short showers. Jesse mindlessly blew her pink bubblegum as she waited around for Carissa to finish getting dressed.

I know something else she could blow.

Kidding.

Carissa took an excessive amount of time in her room applying her makeup. I didn't quite understand why Jesse wasn't in the room with her, but I didn't mind. Maybe she wanted to spend time with me like I wanted to spend time with her.