Chapter 19

The majority of the day had gone by in a haze.

Whether that was good or bad, I was yet to find out. By finding out, I meant now. Currently. In the moment, and everything else in between as I just discovered my one-true-love in her most vulnerable moment ever.

My heart felt like it was continuously being stomped on and split into a billion pieces as the sight of her in pain made me feel exactly how she was. What hurt her, would always end up hurting me in the end. My beautiful flower in pain. A flower whose petals were drooping.

She looked as if she had been crying for hours. Albeit, we had only gotten back to the hotel from our day out for a little over two hours, so there was no way that would be possible. It was hard to wrap my head around the fact that she was more than fine when we were out. Jesse De Rose was a chirpy little bird, high on bliss as the bottom soles of our shoes grazed the sheets of France. Laughing, smiling, joking even. Now, she was the antonym of her happy self.

Cautiously, I stepped into her room making sure that I heard the soft click of the door behind me indicating that it was completely closed.

"Baby," I muttered reaching my hands out to her, "what happened?"

Her sobs grew heavier as she buried her face further into her hands, shaking her head softly. I knew then that I had most likely just further triggered something. It was one of those things where someone asks you what's wrong as your trying to hold back your tears and the simple question sets you over the edge. She sat on top of her bed, legs pulled to her chest and shoulders shaking softly.

"Please lovie, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

I frowned looking at her phone that was facing upwards on the wooden floor and seeing the screen that was now shattered. It vibrated against the ground, but I wasn't focused on who it was as I had other things to worry about. Jesse De Rose came above anyone else, especially when she was so distressed.

My legs moved instinctively so that my body was hovering over her form, laying a large calloused hand onto the small of her back and running small circles with my thumb in an attempt to soothe her.

Fuck, I really don't know how to deal with a crying girl.

A soft blanket was pulled over her legs. Compared to what she wore today, she swapped it out for a thin white tank top and the same cotton pink shorts from this morning as she had recently gotten out of the shower. I sat down on the grey comforter-clad bed next to her. My leg brushed against hers and the frown between my eyebrows deepened further once I had truly observed the state she was in.

So unguarded, impotent, and tender.

With a soft heart and a saddened sigh escaping my lips, I pulled her so that she sat on my lap, and (like a child would) Jesse molded her body against mine and buried her face into my chest. Her breathing was slightly heavy in my ear, feeling her cold, fragile body come into contrast with my warm one.

To my misfortune, and quite inconveniently, her ass ended up pressed against my cock causing me to painfully clench my jaw. This girl set me up for failure every single time.

It took everything in me to bite my tongue and ignore it. We sat like that for a few seconds, maybe even minutes. Stroking her hair in a comforting manner as her tears soaked through my shirt. I gently rocked her back and forth with my chin resting on top of her head, reminding me of the time that I would rock her in my arms when she was a baby and Marcos needed help for just a minute.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened? I don't like to see you so hurt." I lowered my head to look into her watery blue eyes, although she still cowered away from me, "Please, Jesse," I shifted her around in my arms, tightening them gently, "tell me so that I can make you feel better."