Chapter 13

Walking down the stairs, tapping my fingers soundlessly to myself against my pockets, the blood continued to seep and permanently stain my pants. My head was throbbing and my ears were ringing with the overwhelming sound of the music. Maybe I was on the verge of passing out from blood loss, but the thing was, I didn't feel how deep the glass had buried itself into my skin. I had just felt numb.

There was already a lot of damage that had been done during the party, but apparently the deranged part of my mind didn't think it was enough damage. Far from it, actually. I thrived off of wanting to cause chaos and a catastrophe.

The glass in my hand was the chaos, Justin Grey was the catastrophe.

I kept a vice-like grip on the makeshift weapon that, in reality, was just as fragile as fairy floss. The glass was piercing into me which resulted in the occasionally gritting of my teeth from the sharpness and more thick liquid to trickle out. My expression remained blank and stoic going down the stairs. I could feel the burning gaze of Marcos' turquoise colored eyes on the back of my head as I moved. My shoulders pulled back and tensed. Despite how much I wanted to, I didn't look back at him to see if he actually was staring at me or if I was being delusional.

Delusional, delusional, delusional.

The words your ex-wife used to call you left and right.

I clenched my teeth tighter at the thought of her invading my mind, reliving the forgotten memories that were pushed so deep into my mind. My footsteps faltered, shaky legs going down the stairs one by one.

She doesn't know what she was talking about. She was the delusional one. Her opinion doesn't matter anymore.

The feeling of my hands were the only thing that was keeping me grounded and awake to reality. They started to tremble in rage, my breathing quickening and starting to hollow out. Because that was the effect that she had on me. Nothing in comparison to the one that Jesse has on me. Loren's made me stone cold, bitter, and filled with anger. Jesse's made my breathing increase, my smile widen, and left me with a feeling of ecstasy.

The second the divorce papers were signed was my moment of freedom. No more lies being filled into my head causing me to question my sanity. I could finally live without constraint, without inhibition. I was glad we got a divorce. The wedding vows were said out of temporary compulsion not love.

Black shoes thumped against the white colored stairs as I made my way down. The hand that wasn't gripping the hidden shard of glass in pocket was wrapped around the intricate designed railing as my feet moved on their own. The pounding in my ears became more prominent and suddenly the air was more dense, hot, and sticky.

The shirt I wore strained against the bulging of my muscle while beads of sweat formed along my hairline. I unbuttoned the two top buttons of my shirt to breathe.

I wasn't exactly sure what my intentions were with the glass, but I had to do something. I couldn't just sit here for another second or day watching him with Jesse as if I held no feelings towards her. I couldn't stand the way she smiled every time she heard his name or how she talked about him with this glint in her sickly sweet eyes.

"Get it together, Alessandro. Stop being such a little fucking bitch." I muttered underneath my breath.

So that was exactly what I did. I flexed my hand around the glass, drawing even more blood as I did so, and stomped off the last step, maneuvering my body around the sea of people in the house that must've arrived while I was caught up in my string of situations.

Ariena was leaning against the granite counters. In front of her was a man dressed in a navy blue t-shirt and jeans with his arm wrapped around the shoulders of a woman much shorter than him. From her expressive hands waving around and furrowed eyebrows, I could that they were all talking about something of interest. From my position, I couldn't see their faces as they were turned with their backs to me.