Two Pairs of Green

I did my best to reassure the first years, having to promise them that I would stay near, I took off my robe, giving it to them to use as a blanket before I closed the door behind me. I noticed strange shadow a few doors down, "What the-" When I tried to go near it another door beside me, the person not paying attention as they were paying attention to the words of caution from a friend in the compartment.

Suddenly they bumped into me, we both landed brutally on the ground. I winced at the resurgence of pain along my backside, that's gonna leave a bruise. An array of bright red hair covered my face, I felt an alien weight above me, a smaller figure who smell like perfume and flowers. A girl had landed on me, I tried to sit up as she struggled to find her lodgings, soon enough green orbs collided with brown. My eyes squinted, trying to see the details of the hazy face in the dark, I know that face.

"Weasley?" I asked breaking the silence. She seemed to realize who I was as she jumped off of me, nearly throwing herself away, she started apologizing for our collision before I hushed her.

"I'm fine, really, now where were you heading Weasley?" I asked her, her face despite the cold was a deep red, it was almost comical how much it reminded me of my brother. My brother. Oh no, my heart stopped, dread like the frost creeping along with the windows unnerved me. I hadn't realized that my breaths came out harsher, Ginny, still on the floor with me, gawked her gaze unwavering.

Tommy. I need to make sure he's okay. With the thought of my little brother, I almost wanted to break into a race. He was located at the end of the train where Jay went. I found myself pleading to merlin that Jay would go to him after he checked on the girls. I stood up from the ground, having half the mind to pull Ginny up with me. When I was about to leave she called out to me, preventing my quick escape.

 "Wait! Do you know what's happening?" She asked; she seemed agitated. Her eyes showing worry and fear. I felt a pinch in my chest at the sight of the strong girl who went through hell just the year prior. Before I knew it my old habit slipped.

"Look, Sweetheart," I spoke gently, grasping her arms, "Everything will be fine, just get inside with your brother. Where is he?" 

Ginny was gawking once again, this time her features contoured to surprise. "I'm sorry did I make you uncomfortable?" She shook her head, rejecting my question,

"N-no just feeling slightly cold is all," I agreed, I was wearing the Hogwarts uniform which included a skirt. My robe was with the first years in the other compartment. I hoped the sacrifice of my health would keep them warm. "My brother is in that compartment, I was about to head to him when I ran into you." She answered my first inquiry.

"Quite literally," I laughed at the irony, this wasn't how I originally planned to meet her, but at least she seemed to trust me, "I don't really know what's going on either,"

"Ginny?" Another voice interrupted us, it took a few moments for me to connect his face to his name. I would like to blame the dark but it was because I always labeled him off. He rarely interacted with my brother and seemed to circle within Tommy's life every once and a while.

"Neville?" She checked to make sure it was him, I could see her squinting her eyes at him. He nodded, before realizing we might not be able to see him, "Yes," He vocally confirmed.

Ginny asked him another question before he could, she gestured to the compartment two places down. "Are you heading to see Harry?"

"Actually I was just hoping to see if anyone knew what was going on," He replied to her, his eyes landed on me, he only realized just now that I was there. The Prefect Badge was now on my blouse after I had removed it from the robe I gave away.

"You're a Prefect?" He asked; I replied before he could continue, already knowing where the question was going. "Yes, but I don't know either what's going on. Now rather than stand here how about I take you both to that compartment?"

They both agreed. Reaching the compartment shared by the infamous trio I allowed Ginny to be the first to open the door. I was about to usher Longbottom inside when I heard another collision, that Weasley girl is on a roll today. She could try American football at this rate, I sighed, knowing that my job as Prefect demanded me to make sure everyone was ok, particularly the younger years.

I stayed by the door of the compartment watching the murky figures struggle to get themselves comfortable, finally, when everyone was situated I ended the commotion, "Is everyone okay?" 

My eyes struggled to take shape of the faces by I recognized the Granger's voice answering my question. "Yes, You're a Prefect do you know what's going on?" My frown deepened, "Sadly I don't." The only light in the compartment came from the frosted windows, although next to Potter I focused on the larger figure of an older man. 
"Is that a teacher?" I asked Granger, she confirmed. Going inside the compartment I carefully stepped over the feet of the Gryffindors. "Good, I can wake him up and we can head to the front of the train." By this point, there was an array of desires, I wanted to make sure Tommy was ok, that my friends are fine, and I wanted to find out what was going on. I hoped Mercy woke up and was investigating herself. In my process I hadn't noticed the door slide closed behind me, just as I was about to shake the shoulder of the teacher, a larger shadow loomed from the compartment door. 

Goosebumps erupted along my arms and legs. Shivers crept from my spine and a sudden fear gripped me, it felt like I could never be happy again, I had the urge to scream but no sound would come from my throat. There was a vacancy in my life, in my very existence, filled with anguish that bought tears to my eyes. It was as though it were Halloween only instead of curling into myself, I completely caved in. Around me the others huddled away from the door, doing their best in vain to create a distance.

While I felt icy despair, my mind descended into an abyss until there was a sudden warmth, using it, I tried to regain a feeling of myself, groggily doing my best to move.  It was as though the teacher behind me gave me his cloak but he was still asleep. Everyone else was still freaking out over the invader. 

The figure of a dementor loomed threateningly, it focused its malicious will on Potter, I tripped over the legs of the Professor; he was startled awake. The man seemed to realize what was going on and cast a defense against the Dementor. The invasion of light was so bright that I looked away for several moments. I felt another foreign weight land on me, my legs taking the brunt of them. For a second I was thankful, they were warm, heating my freezing legs. When I looked back at the door the figure was gone. Harsh breathing disturbed the uneasy silence that settled in the compartment.

The Professor gathered his bearings. Looking at each of the students' faces before his eyes rested on Potter and I. "He must have fainted," I told the teacher. I could barely see it, and for a long time after I would reject the vision of the teacher with pure fear and pain on his face. It was a face that only mirrors my mother's.