Harry's POV

"You both have eerily similar eyes, Harry," Hermione told him, they were on their Lunch, a welcome break from the earlier events of the day. Divination had already predicted his death, he had gotten into a tiff with a Prefect, and Malfoy was being a nuisance. 

"What do you mean?" Ron spoke through his food, Hermione scrunched her nose in disgust, agitated at the boy's lack of manners. She scolded him as Harry continued eating his sandwich, Hermione returned her attention to Harry preferring to look at him while she directed her point than see Ron's chewed food. "Ginny and I were talking about her, she did help us a lot on the Hogwart's Express, but the dementors seemed to have affected her nearly as much as they did to you." 

"What does that have to do with her eyes?" Harry thought back to the raven-haired Hufflepuff. He remembered his brief interactions with her, he had never even seen her before this year, he didn't even know her name; the boy took a sip of his orange juice, she hadn't spoken to him much on the train either. Not even a few words were directed his way. She just seemed to ignore his existence. Up until this morning, because of his fainting, she seemed to look down on him, but the thought of being pitied never sat right with Harry. He wanted to let go of the incident on the train already, not be reminded of it further. 

"Well, Ginny told me when she first saw Judith she was surprised because she thought the twins had pulled a prank on you," Harry frowned, Ron was paying attention although his attention was strongly directed to piling more food onto his plate. "Do you ever stop eating Ronald," Hermione looked at the ginger. He only rolled his eyes before repeating her words.

Hermione giving up on talking to him altogether turned to Harry again. "Why would Ginny think that?" 

Hermione contemplated her words as if she were recalling what they said to each other that night, "She told me that both of your eyes have this kind of emerald glow, and you both have raven hair, so she thought that the twins did something to you that made you a girl. Or to look like one." 

Ron choked on his food, before pounding the table in a fit of laughter, around them eyes turned to the trio before they realized it was them. Harry feeling mildly embarrassed to have been seen as a girl and to have his eyes scrutinized by the younger sister of his best friend, the younger girl who had sent a horrific valentine comparing his eyes to a green board or was it toad. He honestly tried his best to block that memory. "Can we move on to the part where you get to the point, Hermione?" Harry urged over the guffaws of his best friend. 

"Or is the point that Harry would apparently make a very pretty girl?" Ron heaved through his laughter. Harry rolled his eyes at him. Hermione doing the same.

"I just mean to say its curious isn't it, we've never really seen her before and then she arrives, she shares the same eyes as you, has raven hair, and-"

Thomas who was silently listening to the conversation about his sister spoke, interrupting Hermione to stop her strange superstitions. "Her hair is dyed black, she has our mom's color though." The trio turned to look at Thomas.

"You're her brother aren't you?" Harry asked him, remembering their interaction after she told him off at breakfast. Thomas, slightly pink at their new focus, confirmed Harry's question.

"Yes, she's my older sister."

"What can you tell us about her," Hermione asked curiously, she seemed to have a theory about Judith although she didn't know if the likelihood was strong or not. 

Tommy stared at them, a frown curling his lips. "Why do you want to know?"  

"Curiosity," Hermione answered simply and quickly as though she practiced this. She was up to something. "We met her on the train and with her coming over to us this morning we wanted to know if she's kind."

"She's a Hufflepuff," Thomas answered. 

"Can you tell us the bloody information or not mate?" Ron scowled, already over with the information. Thomas sighed, "You really just want to talk to her?" He asked to make sure.

Ron and Harry didn't know why Hermione became so insistent with attaining information on Thomas's sister, but they knew that her hunches never went unfounded. They nodded along with the brunette. Thomas placed his trust in the trio he admired, they were only a year older and they had done plenty of things already. "Well she's a Hufflepuff," He started.

"We know that," Ron cut him off, "Quiet Ronald," Hermione urged the ginger. 

Thomas growing more comfortable under their gaze racked his brain. "Her full name is Judith Chade, she's two years older than me, she was born in August, she likes Care of Magical  Creatures, Astronomy, and Herbology-"
Hermione interrupted him this time, "can you tell us any more than surface level?" "

Thomas frowned at Hermione, before looking hard at Ron and agreeing. "What do you want to know?" 

"Is she adopted?" Thomas's eyed widened before he sputtered out a no, "she's not adopted! She's my full blood sister," he said offended. Hermione seemed to deflate at the news. Thomas by that point had enough and left the table taking his books with him. With him gone Harry and Ron turned to Hermione,

"What was that about Hermione" Harry questioned. She sighed, knowing this was a heavy anvil on Harry. Guilt crept in her chest for festering such a thought, that Lily Potter survived. 

"I'm sorry, Harry," Hermione apologized to him, "I thought that there was a chance your twin sister survived that night." Harry went still, feeling grief from the family he never had the chance to know. He took a heavy breath, willing himself not to make a further spectacle of himself before the day ended. 

"It's okay Hermione," Harry tried to reassure her, although he knew the words were false. 

Harry was well aware of what he lost that night on Halloween, he would feel empty each holiday because of their gaping wound in his life. When he was younger he used to wonder what a warm kiss from his mother felt like, what persistence Judy Potter had that people admired. He wondered about the smiles that his father, James Potter, had or the type of man he was. He wondered about his younger twin sister Lily Potter, who's life flickered before she even lived it. 

It could never truly be okay, not when he never even knew them.