five. early riser

five. early risers 

 Skye was scheduled to go in to work at "The Wreck" at eleven. The small clock in the bedroom read "7:30," but there was no way Skye was going back to sleep. She was not someone who enjoyed showering in the morning, so she needed a way to fill the next two hours before she needed to get ready for work.

 She decided she was going to purchase the laundry detergent that John B so desperately needed.

 Skye reached for the lamp, turning off the light she had left on the night previous. She pushed the white sheets off that suffocated her body, turning to the edge of the bed. She rose to her feet, opening the duffle Kiara had given her. On top, there was a baby pink shirt for work, just as Kie had promised. Additionally, there was a pair of black leggings. 

 Skye plucked them from the bag, electing to try them on. She reached for the waistband of the shorts, pulling them down her thin legs. She unfolded the pants, stepping into them. Skye pulled them up to her waist, the fit comfortable. In the bag as well, there were a few pairs of undergarments still dawning the tags. Additionally, there were three pairs of shorts, a second pair of leggings, two pairs of jeans, and four shirts. Skye was grateful for Kiara.

 Since Skye had slept in her sports bra under her t-shirt, as she was not completely comfortable at the house, she simply slipped on a fresh pair of socks. She grabbed a twenty-dollar bill from the bag, clutching it in her palm. 

 She elected to not leave her drawstring that contained her life, essentially. She zipped the front pouch, pulling the bag over her back. She emerged from the room, opening the creaky door as slow and quietly as she could. Once she emerged and entered into the living room, she spotted John B hunched over the small table. He straightened his back, rising to his feet as he spotted her. 

 "Early riser, huh?" he questioned, smiling over at her. He was dressed in a light orange button-up shirt, the detailing containing faceless woman sunbathing on towels. Only the bottom two buttons were done, revealing his chest and abdomen. A light gray bandana was tied around his neck.

 Skye returned the smile awkwardly. "Yeah."

 "I thought Kie was picking you up at 10:30," John B stated, not exactly asking a question but his statement seemed to require an answer. The girl was dressed, ready to go out, bag and all.

 Skye shrugged, "I was gonna go on a walk or something." Skye didn't tell him her true intentions, just as to prevent him from possibly insisting otherwise. 

 "Do you wanna drive my car?" he questioned, referencing the Volkswagon keys on the countertop. The boy didn't mind at all; the girl seemed trustworthy enough. 

 Skye shook her head. "Oh, no, that's okay," she stated. "Thanks though." She expressed her gratitude for this boy's gesture. She wasn't used to people being so kind to her; perhaps it was the southern hospitality she had heard so much about.

 John B nodded, glancing down and away from the girl. "I'm gonna head to work, but the door's never locked so... Oh, and JJ is sleeping on the spare couch on the porch, so don't get spooked."

 "Thanks, John B," Skye stated to him, as he nodded without making eye contact. 

 "Sure."

 Skye then headed over to the door, leaning against the all for support as she slipped on her white Converse. She exited the home, making her way towards the small store she had seen when she first entered the island.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 Skye had returned to John B's home at about nine, electing to get dressed after she placed the bottle of laundry detergent in his laundry room. Afterward, having over an hour before Kiara was going to pick her up, Skye had finally managed to balance herself in a sitting position on the hammock outside John B's home. She watched the water, a boat passing by every once in a while.