eleven. ice cream

eleven. ice cream

Per Kiara's order, Skye was stuck at the Chateau. The swelling of her ankle had decreased considerably due to the rest and frequent application of ice, but there was still some soreness.

Skye has gotten dressed in a loose t-shirt and some athletic shorts, her bare feet placed on the deck as she watched the slow lull of the water beyond the screened-in area. The rooster belonging to John B screamed in the background, Skye focusing as little attention on the bird as possible. Skye was left with her thoughts, which was something that happened rather frequently lately.

Her head lifted when she heard a door thud, followed by JJ emerging from the ruckus. He gave her a quick smile, tossing himself down into the chair adjacent.

"Thought you had work today," Skye stated, her tone neither asking of demonstrating any sort of interest.

"They said it'll be dead so I don't need to come in," he explained, turning to her. "So what do you wanna do today?"

Skye furrowed her eyebrows. "Kie put me on house arrest," she joked, turning to the boy. He had his eyes trained in the same direction Skye did.

JJ shrugged. "Seriously, what have you done here? There's so much to do." He attempted to explain the glory of his home, but Skye wasn't really buying it. She raised an eyebrow, her face holding a doubtful look. Eat, boat, sleep, repeat. "We can fake a ferry inland, we can take the Pogue-"

"Is that your bike?" Skye questioned, noting the red motorcycle in the driveway; this was the first time she had noticed it. She turned to JJ.

"Uh, yeah," JJ replied, his tone wavering. He was confused at the sudden twist in the conversation. He turned his eyes to the bike.

"You know, I've never been on a motorcycle."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Skye had always wanted to ride on the back of a bike. Upon Skye confessing that she had never been on a vehicle of the sort, JJ, with overwhelming enthusiasm, volunteered to take her for a ride. Skye wasn't sure where JJ was taking her, as she said it didn't matter; all she wanted was to ride on the back.

Her hands were firmly wrapped around JJ's waist, the back of the bike being wide open with nothing to prevent her from flying off of the back. There was a slight thrill in it, however.

JJ knew exactly where he planned to take the girl; he was going to take her to the pier. Since she doubted the glamor and appeal of OBX, the pier was the perfect place to take it in. Furthermore, his favorite ice cream place was located less than a block from the pier.

There were various benches and picnic tables along the dock, the edges being fenced in to prevent someone from jumping into the water ten feet below.

 The wind blew her short, dark hair behind her as she smiled to herself; there was a certain peace in it. Somethings Skye had always craved were being insignificant and being at peace with both herself and the world around her; some people dreamed of being doctors or marrying their high school sweetheart. Skye Arturo dreamed of being so irrelevant that people would unsure of how you even spelled her name. 

 They arrived at the pier after a short time on the bike. JJ parked it on the street in the reserved spot, helping Skye get off of the vehicle. They then headed towards the dock. 

 "I used to come here when I was little with my cousin," JJ explained, walking towards the pier; it was about a block from where they had parked. "We would come on Sundays and walk it for a bit and look for dolphins. Then we would go play in the arcade and get ice cream." He smiled at the memory.