nineteen. boneyard

nineteen. boneyard

 Skye could hardly remember the last party she had attended. She didn't exactly want to go, but the entire crew had been shaken by recent events (namely the motel where they found money and a gun, as well as being interrupted by crooked cops). Them being shot at didn't help the situation.

 But hey, Skye felt alive; she had forgotten she was recently. Pain reminded her of her life. Being scared reminded her of her existence. Living in the Outer Banks, this wasn't a daily endurance anymore.

 Everyone she had come to the party with split into their smaller groups, promises of where to find them thrown her way. Instead of socializing, Skye poured herself a drink and found comfort in the sand where she could watch the waves.

As Skye sat independently behind a small rock, she felt someone come up next to her. The girl was dressed in a blue romper, sitting down in the sand next to her.

The girl positioned herself similarly to Skye, her legs sprawled out straight towards the ocean and her arms supporting her body behind her.

The girl turned to her, her face being illuminated slightly by the moon and the lights overcast at the Boneyard. "Oh my god," Sarah muttered to herself. Her next comment was more towards the other girl. "You're gorgeous."

Skye was taken aback for a moment at the compliment, a small smile then spreading over her features. She laughed lightly at the girl who had just seated herself next to her. She turned her face back towards the waves. Her laugh carried a wave of innocence and it was enough to nearly give Sarah butterflies.

"Um, I'm Sarah Cameron." She let out a small chuckle to break the awkward situation she felt she had created by commenting on the girl's appearance.

Skye smiled. "Hi, Sarah Cameron. I'm Skye. But, uh, recently I've been called Blue." 

 A tiny laugh fell from her lips. It was both the shock of the alcohol in her system and the sudden urge she felt to be closer to this girl she had just met.

 "Are you new to the island?" Sarah questioned, her knees bending ever so slightly.

 Skye shrugged, "Can you tell?" A small smile was on her lips, illuminated only by the full moon shining down on them like it was the ocean.

 Sarah shook her head. "No." She seemed genuine in her answers. "But I know I would've noticed you much earlier if you were a local. A face like yours is distinct," she joked, sitting upright.

 A small smile tugged on Skye's lips. "You're sweet, Sarah Cameron." 

 "Aww, you think so?" Sarah kid, crossing her legs over each other. Her eyes were locked on the ocean, the waves crashing gently as the background noise to their conversation. That was something so apparent about Skye; no matter how insignificant she was compared to everything else around her, you could never tell. She was always the largest, most important thing in the room.

 "Wanna know something else?" Skye questioned, glancing over at Sarah.

 "Hmm?" Sarah mused back as she glanced at the girl beside her.

 Skye shrugged. "I think you're cute, Sarah Cameron."

 Sarah's mouth fell ever so slightly at the comment from the girl beside her. She then smiled, outstretching her hand and placing it over top of Skye's. Skye turned to her, the girl's making prolonged eye contact.

Skye leaned over, her lips brushing past Sarah's for a moment. The tingling within Sarah's stomach erupted.

Not a moment later, Sarah decided to close the gap between the two. Skye's hand found the side of Sarah's cheek, her pulling herself closer to the girl she was kissing.

While Skye tended to lean more towards men, there was just something about women that she found so attractive. Girls were soft and tender, something boys lacked. Skye had discovered her bisexuality at fifteen years old, often finding inexplicable feelings in her stomach to girls she had grown close with, something she could only describe as a crush, something she felt every so often towards boys her age.

 "You know, I came here with my boyfriend," Sarah confessed, brushing her hair behind her ears.

 Skye swallowed, giving her a sort of sad glance as she smiled at her. "I should've known a girl like you came here with her boyfriend."

 Sarah rose an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah? Well, then, where's yours?"

 "Hopefully dead," Skye remarked, letting out a small laugh. "If you ever break up with him, I would love to get to know you better-"

 The intimacy was interrupted by a gunshot ringing out.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───