twenty-two. both teams

Lunch with Sarah Cameron was everything Skye expected it to be. It didn't dawn on her until halfway through the meal, however, that JJ's repulsion towards the lunch was jealousy.

He was jealous that Skye was spending time with someone else.

Sarah spoke about how her father wanted her to attend Chapel Hill, but that wasn't something that interested her. She explained how her life was so contained to a picture frame.

Sarah's truth essentially spoke for both of them. Skye spoke briefly of her family, more namely her mother having passed and her father driving her away. It was something Sarah could relate to. While she didn't see it at first, she did now as clear as day; Sarah was Amber.

"Can I be honest with you, Sarah?" Skye questioned, setting down the French fry she had in her hand. She placed it back on her dish, placing both of her hands in her lap.

Sarah shrugged. "Of course."

"I used to be you," Skye confessed. "The picture frame. God, the fucking picture frame." Sarah called it bubble wrap; while they were similar, they were so different. Sarah's parents forced the life on to their daughter for her well-being (as well as their own). It was forced onto Skye solely for the well-being of her father. "Don't live that life. It's painful. And you don't realize how much it hurt until it's over."

Sarah simply raised her eyebrows quickly, digesting Skye's words. "And how do you suggest I do that?" If wasn't as though Sarah wanted to live in a box.

"You just stop."

Their lovely meal was broken up by Topper's familiar, lovely face. Skye muttered something in aggravation under her breath, Topper mumbling a hello and sliding into the booth next to Sarah.

Skye had an overall repulsion towards the boy after the few incidents that had occurred between them.

"How's lunch, ladies?" he questioned, glancing between the pair. "What, Skye, are you on break or something?" Despite not working at restaurant, or any restaurant currently (since the Wreck was temporarily closed), Topper thought it was amusing to poke fun at the fact that she worked. He reached his arm around Sarah, resting it over her shoulders.

"And the last thing," Skye added, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a wad of cash. She grabbed a twenty from the top of the stack, placing the money back into her pocket. "Once you break up with assholes, you regain a sense of freedom." She dropped the twenty in the middle of the table, rising to her feet. "It was nice dining with you, Sarah Cameron."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"How was your little lunch date?" JJ questioned, a bit of bitterness in his voice.

Skye shrugged. "Um, it was fine." While it was nice to visit and hang out with Sarah Cameron, she was a bit annoyed by Topper's interruption.

JJ sat next to John B on the couch at the Chateau, the boys not doing much in the middle of the day.

"Fine?" John B questioned, a small smirk on his face. "Didn't expect you back so early."

Skye glanced between JJ and John B. "You guys." She sounded slightly irritated at their joking. "It wasn't even a date. She invited me out for lunch. And since I only have four friends, I could use some more."

"And the Kook Princess was the first one that caught your eye?" John B remarked sarcastically.

Skye shrugged. "She's been nothing but nice to me."

  "Are you into Sarah Cameron?" John B asked, glancing over at Skye who leaned in the hallway.

  Skye's eyebrows came together. "No." She kept her words flat.

JJ raised his eyebrows. "You play for both teams?" he questioned towards Skye, confusion present.

John B shrugged, glancing over at JJ. "How do you know she doesn't just like girls?" John B spoke as though Skye wasn't right there.

Skye laughed lightly, rolling her eyes. "What's the move today?" she questioned the pair, looking between the two.

"Wanna go fishing?"

"Not particularly," JJ confessed.

Skye rolled her eyes. "Be ready in ten."

John B nodded, as Skye headed into the bedroom.

"What was that all about?" John B questioned.

JJ sounded confused. "Me? You asked her if she likes girls!"

"You asked her if she plays for both teams!" John B fired back.

Skye rolled her eyes at the boys exchange that she could hear through the thin walls. "I can hear you all!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───