eighteen. motel

eighteen. motel

 Something about Topper Thornton didn't sit right with Skye. The boy seemed to do things for his own advantage, or just because he got entertainment out of them.

 Trying to figure out Skye Arturo was something that he found joy in doing.

 The girl had just mysteriously appeared on the island as if she was a tourist but failed to disappear after a few days or weeks. It was if she had just been dropped in Kildare by herself without rhyme or reason. 

 It just didn't make sense to Topper. Her attitude didn't either, but it was another conversation. Her frequent paranoia stuck out, also, best explained by the situation that occured with Rafe.

 It never occured to him that maybe she was running from something.

 In the present moment, however, she was running towards danger and she could feel it. The group was heading towards a motel which held the door that the key had fit in; the inclination of a finder's fee was long gone, the group being interested in only what was beyond the door at the raggety motel.

 The place was essentially a dumpster; Skye had never been so close to something of such low caliber in her life. Something about the mega-expensive boat and the dingy hotel just didn't align.

 Something about the Grady White dug up memories. 

 The family of Lilliana Kincaid had a Grady White that Amber Bryne had been on many times. On a rather uneventful Tuesday, Lilli suggested taking the boat out with just Amber. Since they were such good friends, Amber being fifteen and Lilli being sixteen, they took it out for a day on the water.

 Instead of the day being dull as expected, Lilli expressed her feelings for Amber. The event turned Amber's stomach; it wasn't because she didn't like Lilli, but because she was absolutely terrified. 

 She expressed the similar feelings, the girls kissing and holding hands as they spent time on the boat. Amber was a raging, closested bisexual. 

 Something about this didn't work, however, as Zane Byrne was openly homophobic (and racist, but unrelated) inside of his home. And if he knew that his daughter had a soft spot for women, he would beat it right out of her.

 Lilliana's parents found out about her playing for both teams about two months into their secret escapade. Since her parents loved their child no matter what, they were comfortable with her sexuality. Despite this, they forced Lilliana to stop seeing Amber.

 The reasoning was because they sort of suspected Zane's nature; the bruises on the girl and the overall trauma was not well hiden. They knew that if he ever found the truth out about Amber, the girl may not survive. So John and Rebecca Kincaid forced Lilliana to stop speaking to Amber.

 Amber was absolutely devasted to lose somebody so close to her, and was not provided any explaination besides being told by Lilly to never tell anyone about what had transpired between them.

 The Grady White just reminded her of how absolutely she could never go back. She had also seen a Sea Liner, an overall repulsion going through her when she noticed it.

 "And you guys think Grady Whites are expensive?" JJ remarked as he glanced at the boat. He then noticed Skye staring at it. "Are you good, Blue? You look like you're ready to throw up."

 "That's a brand new Sea Liner, too," John B explained, glancing at the shiny red boat with black accents. "How much you think that thing costs? 600k?"

Skye knew it was apart of his latest release, the year's premium comfort boats for fishing, relaxing, drinking, and whatever else you could imagine. The SUPREME V, in the shade crimson with black leather seats, ran at about 927K due to its large size and engine power.

 "Almost a million." Everyone glanced at her. "Probably. I mean, look how big it is. It's gonna need more engine power, and it's definitely a leather interior."

 JJ's eyebrows came together. "You know boats?" he questioned doubtfully, glancing down at the girl who sat on the bow of the Pogue. 

 "My father had a hobby. He would boat shop, even though he never bought boats," Skye explained, glancing over at the motel they were at. "What is this place?"

 "And why are there matresses outside?" Kiara questioned, noticing the various white matresses strewn on the lawn and propped up against balconies.

 "They pitch them after the storm. Hopefully this'll give us some answers."

 Skye shook her head. "I'm sorry, does this really seem like the best idea?" It seemed like the last thing they should be doing--going into some sketchy motel room with a key they stole from a sunken boat that they accidentally found.

 "What, do you want to go back to the Coast Guard?" JJ doubtfully questioned as he recalled the conversation the girl had had with the man mere hours ago.

 Skye hesistated for a moment before shrugging; while she didn't exactly want to go back to the Coast Guard, it seemed to be the most logical option they had.

 JJ rolled his eyes. "Come on, Blue. It'll be fun," he promised, jumping off the bow of the boat and pulling the rope onto the shore to keep the boat stuck. He outstretched a hand to aid the girl off of the HMS Pogue.

 She inhaled sharply, taking the hand from JJ and hopping onto the dampened soil.

 Going into this one-star motel was the last thing she wanted to be doing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───