twenty-one. arturo

twenty-one. arturo

Skye had fallen asleep with the blonde boy at her side, but now she was left alone in the cold bed.

She wore nothing but the white sheets that covered the bed. After climbing out of it, she grabbed the first shirt she saw strung on the ground. It happened to be JJ's, but she wasn't quite worried about it. She climbed over the articles of clothing tossed on the ground, making her way to the duffle. She plucked a pair of underwear and some shorts from it, pulling both articles over her legs.

She attempted to smooth her hair down with her hands, and then exited the bedroom. She opened the door to the smell of pancakes.

She spotted JJ in the kitchen, eating out of a carry out container.

There was another to-go box untouched next to him. He flashed her a goofy smile. "Good morning, Blue."

She stretched her hands over her head as she yawned. "Good morning."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After John B woke up, they decided the plan for the day was to head down to the beach. The Wreck was still closed for maintenance and repairs, as well as the fact that they would be making no money. Tourists didn't exactly flood in after a hurricane that left a path of destruction and widespread power outages.

Because it was closed, there were no shifts for Skye to work.

Kiara and Pope both had other commitments, so Skye was left alone with the boys. JJ hadn't mentioned the previous night at all, and Skye was sort of glad. While it was great and all, she didn't need to relive it. Especially in front of John B.

The boys had brought the surfing gear, and while Skye was invited to join in, she elected on relaxing for the day. It had been an exhausting few days.

She laid on her beach towel and kept her face towards the sun. As she was deep in her meditative state, someone came up next to her and laid a towel out.

"Beautiful day, huh?" the voice called, causing Skye to sit up from her position.

The girl who came and sat next to her was in a tiny, bubblegum pink bikini top with loose white shirts that barely covered the top of her thighs.

It was a stark difference from the outfit of the girl she was joining, who wore bikini bottoms and a much oversized, heather gray, sleeveless t-shirt.

"Are you by yourself, Sarah Cameron?" Skye questioned as she glanced away from the girl and kept her attention on the rhythmic waves.

"Do you have a last name, Skye?" Sarah questioned, her slight nod she gave response enough to Skye's ask.

"Arturo," she replied, smiling as the girl sat her body down on the towel she laid out. "Of all the people on the beach, to what do I owe the pleasure of you choosing me to sit with?"

Sarah smiled. "Oh, easy." Skye raised an eyebrow. "You're a great kisser." Her remark drew a soft laugh from Skye.

"I'd love to do it again sometime, if we're being honest," Skye confessed. She outstretched her legs and curled her toes into the sand by her feet.

Sarah shrugged. "Time and place."

"Let me know as soon as you get rid of that boyfriend," Skye explained, being more than willing to involve herself with Sarah. She and JJ both understood their hookup as a one time thing. While they hadn't addressed if, neither had any reason to believe it was anything more than that. 

Sarah inhaled sharply. "I don't think we'll be much longer." She paused, but didn't miss a beat. "Where did you come from, Skye?" Sarah began to trace small shapes in the sand next to she as she awaited an answer.

"New York," Skye explained. "The beach. Somewhere like here. Somewhere a lot worse." It was as if they pair had never been broken up last night by the entire ordeal.

"Worse?"

Skye shrugged. "Not in terms of looks, but for me, yes. For my health. Wellbeing. Happiness. In the people."

"Where are you living?"

"On the Cut."

Sarah let out a small laugh. "I don't know you well, but you don't seem like the sort of girl who would be living on the Cut."

Sarah then noticed JJ and John B swimming inland. "Looks like your friends are coming back. Guess that's my cue. You free tomorrow?"

"Uh, yeah," Skye replied. She was confused by the girl's asking.

Sarah nodded. "Great. Meet me at Mr. Muer's. It's a restaurant between the Cut and the Eight. Noon sounds good, we can grab some lunch."

"See you then, Sarah Cameron."

"Nice to see your face, Arturo."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Was that Sarah Cameron?"

"Yeah, she invited me to lunch tomorrow," Skye explained. "Apparently we're friends now."

JJ raised his eyebrows. "You're going to lunch with a Kook?"

"She doesn't seem that bad," Skye explained. "She's sort of cute."

John B shook his head. "That's what you say about a puppy. Not about the Cameron family."

"They're all snakes. Nothing is cute." JJ had to give his dramatic opinion as usual. 

"I'm going to give her a chance."

JJ shook his head. "At the end of the day, she's just the same as Topper. As Rafe. Just watch yourself. Kooks are dangerous."

If was as if JJ didn't know she used to be one.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───