Chapter 10 - Zombie Town (1)

The moment he entered 2 of Spades, Xiao Lou had carefully observed the surroundings.

In front of him was a long deserted street that was wide. Apart from many abandoned vehicles on both sides of the road, there were no obvious obstacles that would block his escape route.

The zombies were very aggressive and he would suffer in close combat, but it wasn’t difficult to avoid their pursuit. They were slow moving and he could maintain his safety by running fast.

However, Xiao Lou ran for 100 metres and found that he had been thinking too simply.

The town had a large population and everyone had become a zombie after the virus spread.

As he ran, more zombies smelt a living person and surrounded him.

His current location was called People’s Street. It was very wide and should be the main road in town. At the end of the street, there was a sign showing ‘←Central Hospital/Grand Theatre,  →Science Museum/Xiushui Park.’

To get to the hospital, he had to turn left at the end of People’s Street.

However, People’s Street had a large number of winding roads and countless stores. Almost every winding road had zombies patrolling and in many stores, zombies were trying to climb outside.

He wouldn’t lose if he was simply racing with the zombies. The problem was that no matter where he went, there were zombies in the vicinity!

At first, only four zombies were chasing him. Then he ran 100 metres and the zombies chasing him became more than a dozen. A zombie child with blood on his face ran out of a store on the left while there were two zombies with twisted heads in the alley to the right…

If this continued, the number of zombies would only increase.

If a zombie suddenly emerged from a fork and scratched his skin, it would be all over.

He didn’t want to be infected and become a zombie, forever staying in 2 of Spades!

Xiao Lou ran while quickly thinking of countermeasures.

The rapid running made him breathless and his ears could clearly hear his intense heartbeat. Perhaps it was due to this high concentration that his thinking became clearer and sharper than usual.

He noticed that there was a tobacco and alcohol supermarket just around the corner that was open.

The tobacco and alcohol supermarket at the entrance of the community was a small business and the area was generally less than 60 square metres. If there were zombies inside then the number wouldn’t be too much. It was possible for him to use a tool card to clear the space.

He had to make himself a separate space.

Xiao Lou took a deep breath, took off the jacket that inconvenienced him and threw it into the trash can. He quickly ran into the tobacco and alcohol supermarket, slamming the glass door shut and locking it from the inside.

He turned to watch the inside of the supermarket with vigilance. There was a slightly fat middle-aged man sitting in front of the counter. His head was pulled to the side and only half the flesh remained on his neck. He still had a pack of cigarettes in his hand and was probably the original owner of this tobacco and alcohol supermarket.