Chapter 28 - Bloody Maple Leaf: New Discovery

3 of Hearts secret room, day 2.

Xiao Lou woke up and saw Yu Hanjiang standing by the corridor window. His deep eyes were staring into the distance and his brow was slightly furrowed like he was thinking about something.

Xiao Lou walked over and asked, “Group Leader Yu, are there any new discoveries?”

Yu Hanjiang pointed to the maple forest. “Last night, there was a storm and a few maple trees were blown down.

Xiao Lou followed his gaze and looked at the distant maple forest. A large number of maple leaves had fallen down in the rain and the ground seemed to be covered with a thick layer of maple red. At the end of the maple forest, several small saplings planted were blown to the ground by the wind. The flower beds under the teaching body were crooked and many flower pots were broken. The entire campus was messy, like a typhoon had crossed here.

At 6:30 in the morning, the rain had stopped.

At this time, the two people should head to the school gate since the new day would have more clues. However, last night they sneaked into the Shuxiang Building and alerted the security guards, causing the door of the Shuxiang Building to be locked.

Xiao Lou had a very uncomfortable sleep last night. He rubbed his temple to soothe his headache and asked, “Class is starting soon. How are we going to get out?”

Yu Hanjiang looked calm as he pointed to the air-conditioning pipe outside the window. “Climb out.”

Xiao Lou, “…”

In the Hearts secret room, Yu Hanjiang took out the attitude of the Spades survival secret room. He simply opened the window and jumped forward, grasping the air-conditioning duct with both hands and stepping on the window edge that was only 10cm wide with both feet, climbing down to the ground floor.

Xiao Lou’s heart was in his throat.

So high! If this person’s feet stepped on air then it would be over!

It turned out that Xiao Lou’s fears were superfluous. Yu Hanjiang seemed to often do this type of thing. He climbed, jumped and seemed familiar with the building as he chose the most convenient route and fell steadily to the ground. Then he looked up at Xiao Lou.

Xiao Lou looked down and didn’t dare step on the window of the fifth floor to climb down… he didn’t want to fall to the ground.

Yu Hanjiang made a ‘go downstairs and wait for me’ gesture and walked quickly to the door of the Shuxiang Building.

It was unknown where Group Leader Yu found a wire from but he took a moment to open the door lock. Xiao Lou was waiting at the door and after he saw Group Leader Yu open the door, he couldn’t help thinking, ‘It is fortunate that Yu Hanjiang is a policeman. If he is a thief then probably no one can stop him?’

Yu Hanjiang seemed to see Xiao Lou’s doubts and explained while restoring the door lock, “When I was in the police academy, a senior taught me unlocking skills. He likes to study these types of things.”

Xiao Lou nodded and didn’t ask much as he headed to the school gate with Yu Hanjiang.

At 7 o’clock, students came to the school one after another.