Chapter 35 - Bloody Maple Leaf: Revenge

In the interrogation room next door, the police interrogated the school leaders and those who knew the three missing people.

The first was the 25 year old male, a teacher at the school’s psychological centre.

According to the principal’s recollections, he was assigned by the Education Bureau five years ago. The Education Bureau placed great importance on the psychological counselling of the high school students and required the school to open a psychology course on a regular basis. The principal had to cooperate and also give him a psychological counselling office.

Si Han often went to his office for a period of time. Therefore, after Si Han fell, the police had investigated him. He said that Si Han’s grades had been going up and down and he was asked to consult. He also took out every record of his chats with Si Han so the police didn’t doubt him.

Based on the impression of his colleagues and the school leaders, he was a gentle, handsome and humorous teacher. He held weekly counselling classes and taught students about adjusting their mentality. The students liked and trusted him very much.

Strangely enough, he suddenly submitted his resignation two years ago. The principal had tried to persuade him at the time but he said it was for personal reasons.

A male teacher close to him broken the news that when this person had been drunk, he leaked the news that he fell in love with a woman and was ready to get married. The woman didn’t want to work in the same area as him and wanted to keep a bit of private space from each other. Therefore, he decided to resign and apply for the psychological counselling centre of a private hospital. The income of a hospital psychologist was much higher than a teacher.

Shortly after resigning, he disappeared and his case was reported by his family.

The ‘marriage partner’ he mentioned never showed up. When the police investigated, the person involved had been ‘drinking’ so these words couldn’t be taken seriously. They couldn’t find any evidence of his association with a woman and they ignored it.

Now that the old story was mentioned again, Xiao Lou heard this and his spirit was shocked. Was his marriage partner Zhang Qing?

At that time, Zhang Qing had been at the school for a year. She was young and beautiful and it was natural for a single man and woman to be attracted to each other. There was also a reason… for example, Zhang Qing didn’t want to go public so he kept it a secret.

Perhaps his resignation was also Zhang Qing’s suggestion.

She didn’t want to be in the same school as him and persuaded him to leave. Then she found a chance to kill him and buried his corpse in the maple forest.

The murderer was smart, calm and cruel, quietly playing the psychology teacher between her hands.

It was no wonder why this teacher’s death was caused by the skull being hit with a blunt instrument. It was very difficult for an adult male to be killed directly. However, what if it was someone close to him? For example, the fiancee he loved. In his sleep, she suddenly picked up an axe and slammed it against this head…

Xiao Lou imagined this and his back felt cold.

The disappearance of the psychological teacher became a pending case. Now that it was linked to the investigation of Si Han’s fall, the police also noticed something wrong. The moment the school leaders left, a police officer ordered, “The key is to check his fiancee. She is definitely a problem!”