Chapter 57 - Financial Crisis 17: Odd Mark

Inside the Shanshui Guesthouse, the boss and thief started their actions.

There was the sound of rummaging in their ears and the supplies under the bed were soon find. They quickly moved the boxes while the challengers were unaware.

Room 206, room 205…

The two people moved quickly and directly moved the supplies downstairs.

The boss had long been prepared with a large track. Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang tacitly put on the invisibility cloak and waited near the big truck. They saw that in the truck’s cabin, boxes of milk, mineral water, instant noodles, chocolate, biscuits…

Xiao Lou’s heart was extremely shocked. These sons of a bitch, how many ‘foreigners’ had they stolen from?

It was an entire truck full of goods and they could almost open a small supermarket.

Just then, the voice of the guesthouse owner entered their ears. “Old Liu, how much money do you think we can make this time?”

The middle-aged man with the hoarse voice said, “Don’t be in a hurry. In two days, the citizens’ reserve supply will be almost finished and the supermarkets will be out of stock. They will be unable to buy food and the traffic gridlock means they can’t escape. They can only wait to die. At that time, if I open a store in the centre of the central square and sell everything at a high price, there must be citizens with spare cash and earning tens of millions of gold coins isn’t a problem.”

The guesthouse owner laughed. “That is a good idea! I didn’t expect that all the inventory stolen from the foreigners could actually be used like this. How did you know a financial crisis would occur?”

The middle-aged man replied, “I didn’t know. However, the boss told me to ‘follow the foreigners to earn money. It is absolutely right if we steal what they use money to buy.’”

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang heard up to here and couldn’t help being shocked.

The ‘boss’ he mentioned must not be the boss of the Shanshui Guesthouse but was more like his superior.

Xiao Lou wondered, “Is there a stronger boss in this secret world? Or does the Card World have an organization dedicated to dealing with us?”

Yu Hanjiang frowned and whispered in Xiao Lou’s ears. “A secret room having more than one boss is unlikely. I think that the secret room has a special organization to deal with us ‘foreigners’ and hindering our smooth clearance. The organization must’ve scattered a large number of free people across the secret rooms and the thief might be a member of the organization.”

Xiao Lou thought that Group Leader Yu’s inference was very reasonable. The ‘boss’ that the thief mentioned made Xiao Lou feel very uneasy. That person should know a lot of information about challengers and knew specifically about what challengers would do…

Moreover, the members of the organization were ruthless and killed people without blinking. They had a strong resistance and hostility to ‘foreigners.’

The existence of such an organization meant that clearing instances in the future would only become more and more difficult.

Seeing the light of the candles on the first floor, the two people had apparently stolen everything from the second floor. Xiao Lou looked at the countdown for the Peach Blossom Spring and said, “Group Leader Yu, there are only 10 minutes left. We have to act as soon as possible.”