Chapter 31 - Bloody Maple Leaf: Major Clues

In the morning, there were many people in the teacher’s office and this made it inconvenient for them to investigate. The two people waited patiently for an opportunity.

It was soon noon.

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang headed to the snack counter again.

Yesterday, they ate instant noodles for two consecutive meals and Xiao Lou now had no appetite when he saw the instant noodles. Meanwhile, Yu Hanjiang naturally took a bowl of instant noodles.”

The boss of the snack counter now knew them and asked curiously, “Why are the two of you always eating instant noodles?”

Xiao Lou smiled bitterly. “We are both single and live too far away from home. We don’t want to go out to eat and will take care of our hunger with instant noodles.”

The boss spoke kindly, “You can try instant hot pot. Isn’t it better than eating instant noodles every day?”

Xiao Lou asked, “There is something like that?”

The boss took out a bowl and introduced it with a smile. “A lazy hot pot. The bottom is made of a chemical material that can be heated. After pouring in the water, it will automatically boil and cook the upper layer of hot pot powder, vegetables and beef.”

Xiao Lou rarely ate this type of fast food and didn’t know about the existence of ‘lazy hot pot.’ Now that he heard the owner say this, he suddenly showed interest. “How much?”

“Two 1,000 gold coins.”

Yu Hanjiang turned to Xiao Lou with eyes filled with anticipation.

Xiao Lou touched the 14 gold coins in his pocket and gritted his teeth. “Then I’ll buy two.”

He really didn’t want to eat a third meal of instant noodles.

He hadn’t expected it to be so expensive. They had 17 gold coins and according to the rate of spending two or three a day, they could only stay in this secret room for five days.

Now it was the second day and the secret of maple forest hadn’t been solved. The owner of the shoes hadn’t been found and they had to hurry. Otherwise, the case would drag on and they would have to solve it in a stage of hunger.

Not to mention, they had nowhere to bathe and could only sleep in the hard corridors…

The more he thought about it, the sadder he became. Still, it was better than the challenger who was thrown into the Nightmare Room.

Xiao Lou bought a hot pot and walked out of the snack counter. He smiled at Yu Hanjiang and said, “I haven’t eaten this type of self-cooking hot pot before. Let’s go back to the office building and pick up some hot water. It will also give us an excuse to go wandering around the office.”

Based on the description, the lower layer was made of chemical materials and it was best to add cold water. Tap water that hadn’t been purified could also be used. However, the upper layer was for cooking food. If the wanted to eat it then they had to add boiled hot water or pure water.

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang came to the third floor with the hot pot and separated.

At noon, the offices had the least people. Some officers were empty and there were no locks on the door.