Chapter 56: Financial Crisis 16: Change

Xiao Lou controlled these six people with the rings and called Yu Hanjiang, Shao Qingge and Xie Qi next door to discuss countermeasures.

He looked at Yu Hanjiang and softly asked, “Group Leader Yu, what is the situation in the city?”

Yu Hanjiang explained, “The water, electricity and Internet are cut off. Traffic is completely paralyzed and a serious stampede occurred at the supermarket.”

Xiao Lou’s expression slightly changed. “It seems that the situation is getting worse and worse…”

Shao Qingge added, “Yes, the banks were smashed, the ATM machines smashed and the supermarket crowded with people. It was terrible. Fortunately, I closed my account before the Internet broke. This time, I made a profit of one million by shorting the stocks.”

Xie Qi heard a million and his eyes widened. “A million? So much money?”

Shao Qingge looked at him calmly. “This is still a small amount. Give me a few days and the profit could double.”

Xie Qi was stunned. Other challengers found it hard to live in the world of the financial crisis. Yet this person with the short braid actually made a fortune from the financial crisis?

Shao Qingge smiled at the teenager’s shocked eyes. “Do you feel honoured to team up with me?”

Xie Qi nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, please take care of me in the future!”

Xiao Lou looked at Shao Qingge and didn’t puncture the truth of this Hearts and Diamonds slag.

Yu Hanjiang spoke seriously, “There is one thing. The hotel that Chief Shao stayed in refuse to let challengers pay for the room rate with materials. Today, the rate has increased by eight times and there are many challengers who checked out to find another residence. All the challengers who previously had their materials stolen have left.”

Shao Qingge added, “However, most of the challengers have stayed at the Shanshui Guesthouse because the boss gave a discounted price. Group Leader Yu suspects that the boss is an accomplice of the thief.”

Xiao Lou wondered, “Accomplice? Is the Shanshui Guesthouse a black store?”

Xie Qi was also surprised by this speculation and thought carefully about his previous experience. “No wonder! The second night, all of our supplies were stolen. No one could’ve stolen from more than a dozen rooms without someone noticing. Perhaps the unscrupulous boss directly drugged the people in the rooms!”

Xiao Lou frowned and thought for a moment. “Previously, Group Leader Yu and I speculated that this person stole things using the invisibility cloak and universal key. The invisibility cloak only lasts for 30 minutes and he can’t move all the supplies unless the boss is his partner. Then he doesn’t even need to move the supplies away from the Shanshui Guesthouse.”

Yu Hanjiang nodded. “The most dangerous place is the safest place. The stolen materials should still be at the Shanshui Guesthouse.”

Xie Qi stated, “The next day, we suspected there was a traitor among the challengers and we searched all the rooms together, finding no materials. Does this guesthouse have a storage room or a type of concealed basement?”