Chapter 33 - Bloody Maple Leaf: The Secret of Maple Forest

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang circled the maple forest and found nothing wrong.

Nor could they dig up such a large maple forest in the middle of the night.

Yu Hanjiang stated, “The clue of the maple forest might not appear until tomorrow. Let’s go back to the library to investigate the people who went missing in recent years.”

Last night, the two people had sneaked into the information centre on the fifth floor of the Shuxiang Building to investigate the fall five years ago. They found that the deceased was a high school student called Si Han who had an excellent performance.

They would go to the library again tonight to verify the information of the people who went missing from the school over the years.

The security had locked the Shuxiang Building but in front of Yu Hanjiang, all ordinary iron locks were ineffective. He gently opened the door lock and took Xiao Lou to the fifth floor. He closed the shutters of the window before turning on the flashlight.

There was too much information here. Fortunately, there were labels on all the folders. Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang focused on checking the ‘personnel changes’ and ‘reporting materials.’ All the related materials in the past five years were collected and looked through separately.

it took them more than an hour to lock onto the targets through the large amount of information.

The first missing person was a 25 year old teacher of the school’s psychological counselling department. He left the school two years ago after submitting his resignation. However, his whereabouts suddenly became unknown. His family called the police and the police came to the school to investigate. The school leaders said he already left school and the surveillance did show him leaving the school. According to the report, the disappearance of this teacher had nothing to do with Maple Forest High School.

The second person was a school security guard. He was 45 years old and left his job at night when he was working. He sneaked out of the school gate and it was unknown what happened but he never returned. The police investigation concluded that the security guard going missing was unrelated to the school.

The third person was a language teacher surnamed Zhou who was 45 years old.

The high school teacher disappeared six months ago and a detailed investigation was launched. However, a large number of cameras were broken at the time and the investigation failed. It became an unsolved case.

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang immediately checked the name of the teacher for the key liberal arts class five years ago. This teacher Zhou happened to be Si Han’s class teacher.

He must’ve been linked to Si Han’s death, proving that the two challengers ‘revenge’ theory was correct.

Xiao Lou looked at Yu Hanjiang and took a deep breath. “In the book Count of Monte Cristo, the protagonist has exactly three enemies. It isn’t a coincidence that three people went missing from Maple Forest High School in recent years.”

Yu Hanjiang nodded. “If my guess is correct, this secret room’s theme is revenge. The three missing people should’ve been killed and buried under the maple trees.

Just then, there was a flash of lightning outside the window, splitting apart the dark night sky. This was followed by thunder rumbling in their ears.