The Sports Festival - The Race

Izuka's P.O.V

Alright.

Today's the day.

Today's the day where we show our skills to the world.

Izuki woke me up again today, like he always does.

"Hey, bro." I muttered sleepily.

"Come on, get up. Today is the sports festival."

"YES!" I literally jumped out of bed, got changed, ignoring the fact that Izuki was still in the room, and immediately ran into the dining room for breakfast.

"Wow, someone's excited." Izuki commented when he joined me.

We quickly ate breakfast and went to the school.

We got changed into our gym uniforms and waited in the huge stadium.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the UA Sports Festival, ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the one event that is guaranteed to blow you mind! Here we are, with all eleven classes of the first year of UA High School! Now, give it up, for our Pro Hero Midnight!" Present Mic's voice boomed out in the stadium.

Midnight walked up to the podium.

I could sense a lot of heat signatures rising. Mostly in the boys.

I could see why. 

"That uniform should not be allowed in a school." I whispered to Izuki.

"Agreed."

Midnight took her spot at the podium and started speaking, "Now, a word from our representative from class 1-A, Izuki Midoriya!"

Izuki simply smirked and walked up to the podium.

"Well, this was unexpected, but," Izuki shrugged, "I suppose I'll have to say what's on my mind right now."

I sniggered a little bit after hearing that.

A lot of people did, actually.

"So, as a lot of you already know, class 1-A had recently been attacked by a criminal organization called the League of Villains, we were scared, we were fighting for our lives, heck, I even saw someone I knew, back from the dead. However, that's all in the past, and I suppose this entire ordeal is a way to get us to relax, so... Whoever organized this thing, you have my thanks."

I smiled.

"And now, here we are, at the very event that could change our lives. For everyone out there who's competing in this, all I can say is good luck, and let's do our best, alright? Heh. I'm glad it isn't Katsuki doing this speech, knowing him, that arrogant guy would probably say something like 'I vow to win!'" Izuki did a pretty good Bakugo impression, that got a laugh out of everyone, "But we don't want everyone else to feel like everyone here's an arrogant bastard like he is, besides, he wouldn't be able to keep that promise anyways, because if you ask anyone in my class, you'd know that I can wipe the floor with him."

I chuckled at that.

"But yeah, everyone, do your best! It matters not whether we win or lose this thing, right? What matters is that we have fun, and that is precisely what we're going to do!" Izuki raised a fist in the air, and everyone cheered for him.

He stepped back down, Bakugo was about to say something, but Izuki shot him a glare, making his eyes glow.

Bakugo backed off

Now that we're ready, we prepared for our first game: The Great Race.

We had to run a lap around the school whilst avoiding or overcoming the obstacles in our way.

Class 1-A started at the front.

Why?

Why not?

We got ready to run, when Present Mic rang the buzzer, Izuki and I instantly bolted through the tunnel and shot into the sky right before Todoroki laid waste to most of the students by freezing them in place.

Our first encounter were the 0P faux villains from our entrance exams, I blasted a hole through one, Izuki knocked the other away with a flick of the wrist, and Todoroki froze the other one.

This allowed people to go through, but Todoroki froze it at a really bad time.

It collapsed on three people.

I socialize a lot, I know two of those three people. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu should be fine, but I was more worried about the third.

I rocketed back down to the ground and dug her out, melting the ice around her.

Izuki came down to help.

I realize that we are wasting our time here, but I can't just leave someone to die.

I blasted apart the metal and ice with an explosion and pulled out the poor girl.

I quickly took her to one of the teachers at the sidelines and continued the race.

A lot of people are failing at getting past the obstacles.

The next to obstacles are too easy for Izuki and I, since we're able to fly.

We flew over them and left everyone else in the dust.

Now it's just Todoroki and Bakugo.

Izuki grabbed me with his quirk and threw me in front of them, I created a rope of fire and pulled Izuki after me.

And just like that, we had managed to overtake Bakugo and Todoroki.

They had stopped fighting each other and are now racing to beat Izuki and I, but I slammed an explosion into the ground that blew up half of the minefield.

Hindering their process and boosting ours.

Izuki and I managed to tie for first place, with Todoroki coming in third and Bakugo coming in fourth.

I know. Third and fourth? Who's second?

Remember Izuki and I tied for first, there's no second, but there are still two people ahead of them, so third and fourth.

So...

What does that mean?

What it means... is that everyone is going to target Izuki and I in the next round.

As if they can actually beat us.

I don't know what the next game is, but if it's a team battle, I'm getting Izuki, Iida, and Uraraka on my team for sure.

"And now, for our next game!" Midnight announced as the screen above her flashed with different activities and games, when it finally landed on one.

"Is the Cavalry Battle!"

As Midnight explained the rules, Izuki and I looked at each other and silently plotted to choose the people we need on our team.

We made our selection as Midnight finished explaining the rules.

Twenty million points between me and Izuki, huh?

That's fine.

Even though we'll be targeted by literally everyone.

Welp. Here we go.

A/N: Welp. Here we go. I hope those aren't the last words on my gravestone.

Heh. What am I saying?

So... Yeah. The twins are helping each other, who is going to be on their team?

Let's see.

As always, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more! Peace out, everybody, goodbye.

Shadowflame 95, signing out