Having A Little Chat With Kota

Izuki's P.O.V

At dinnertime, we had to start our own fires, I used my quirk to quickly spin a stick on the pile of firewood, starting a fire.

Everyone managed to cook their own food, one way or another, but I had already finished before they even started, since I could use my quirk to do multiple things at once.

I noticed Kota walking away, sneering.

I sighed, taking my food and another bowl, and followed him.

"Hey, kiddo, you alright?"

He immediately turned around and yelled at me.

"Why are you here?! This is my secret spot!"

I sighed, "Having a secret spot is nice and all, but if someone attacks this place and you're trapped up here with someone who wants to hurt you, then what? No-one will know where you are until it's too late."

Kota fumed, then turned around, with nothing to counter that hypothetical statement.

"Trust me, you'll later realize how important it is to have at least one person know where your secret spot is. I won't ask why you have a secret spot or how you found it, nor am I going to ask what happened in your past that made you hate heroes. Mandalay already told me, anyway."

Kota immediately whipped his head around.

"Yes, I know, your parents were pro heroes who died in action. You may think they left you to save people that they don't even know, but that's the job of every hero: To maintain peace to keep everyone safe. Especially their family members, my mother is a retired pro hero, and was friends with Water Hose, and you know what she said when she returned from the hospital? She said that your parents' final wish was to see their son one last time. Of course, it never happened, but your parents care about you, sure, there may be cold-hearted heroes who care for nothing but fame, like Endeavor, but there are kind heroes who actually care for the civilians' lives, too, like your parents, for example."

"How would you know?!"

"How would I know? I'm a hero-in-training, I need to know these things. I'll tell you a secret, I didn't originally want to become a hero, but after my little brother killed himself because he was bullied for being quirkless..." I exhaled shakily, I could feel a tear sliding down the side of my face, "I wanted to make sure that no-one felt the pain my brother once felt, I wanted to make sure no-one was discriminated against because they're quirkless. I guess it's the overprotective brother part in me, but I wanted to make sure no-one else in my family got hurt."

I chuckled, "You know, it's funny, the more you lose, the less you care. That's definitely true for the two of us, ain't it?"

Kota raised an eyebrow, "Wait, didn't you say your brother is a villain?"

I smiled, "So you do pay attention, huh?"

He huffed, "Don't change the subject."

"Well, all I can say is there is more than one way for someone to die. His old self, his old hero-loving self died. But in the wake of his death, his villainous self was born. You know, I got in contact with him recently, and it turns out his old self isn't completely dead, his villainous self just took control. That might've been his quirk, actually. Two souls in one body. I dunno, might have to look further into it. At any rate, he's got the same views as Stain, you know? He just has a more subtle way of approaching the problem at hand."

Kota threw me a side glance, but then looked back down the cliff's edge.

"So why exactly did you want to talk to me?"

I sighed, "I dunno, I honestly couldn't care less, but for some reason, my conscience wouldn't let this go."

I laid back onto the rocky cliff.

"You know, Kota, heroes and villains, they're all just titles. Those that are weak and in need of aid, those are the villains. Those that are strong and want to dominate the weak, those are the labelled heroes. Then again, there are those that are strong and want to help the weak, those are true heroes. Those that are strong and help the weak, but break the law whilst doing so, they're vigilantes. I aim to help true heroes and vigilantes achieve their goals, you should too, you have a good heart, you're just biased thanks to your past experiences. Don't worry, one day, you'll find the true meaning behind a hero. I have a feeling that's going to be real soon. In the meantime, why don't you train with that quirk of yours? You never know when you need it for self-defense."

Kota grumbled.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"I said-" Kota whipped his head around, "I don't need to train my quirk!"

I sighed, "Suit yourself, kid."

Heh, the kid doesn't only hate heroes and villains, he hates the general superhuman society.

He's such a pain to deal with. I wonder how Mandalay deals with him all the time.

~-=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-~ 

The next day, we were put through intensive quirk training.

I literally had to carry a mountain with my quirk, and also bat away projectiles shot at me from earth beasts.

Oh, did I mention I had to do this whilst levitating with my quirk?

Yeah, life sucks.

I feel like everyone else has gotten off much better than I did. Izuka had to control a forest fire raging in a one mile radius around her, Shoto had to control the temperature of his hot bath, Katsuki had to dunk his hands into hot water and releasing massive explosions above him.

I noticed class 1-B standing off to the side. They all had looks of awe on their faces.

Except for Neito, of course, he just sneered.

I smirked, tempted to throw the mountain on him.

"Nope! You're not throwing that massive rock on anyone, buddy." Pixie Bob suddenly appeared behind me, slapping me in the arm, causing me to lose some focus, and nearly fell down.

You guys don't know how hard this is, do you? Imagine treading water with sixty-pound weights attached to your legs whilst holding a car over your head whilst batting away sandbags.

That's how hard it is.

So whilst 1-B gets it easy, we get torture.

Life is fun.

A/N: Anyone guess where I got that last line from? You should know. It's a really popular song. Sorry for not updating, but I'm kinda busy, like, a lot busier than usual. I can still get one or two chapters done a week, but I'm not going to be able to update much faster than this. Sorry, guys.

As always, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more! Peace out, everybody, goodbye.

Shadowflame 95, signing out