[Ch 26] The Train Station

Y/n's POV
"We're home" I said entering the building. Once I removed my shoes, I went to my bedroom and saw my luggage. I checked if all were there, the closet was empty, so were the cabinets. "I guess I have all I need" But then I remembered the note that Boruto had given me on the first day at the academy. I've always had it, yes it was embarrassing when Shino-sensei scolded us, but that's when I became friends with the guys. "Found it!"

I went downstairs to have dinner with the family. "I'm gonna miss your cook auntie" I said with my mouth full. "Don't talk with food still in your mouth, you disgust me" Shinki started lamenting. "Well, at least I don't complain all the time" I replied. "Tsk"

After eating I brushed my teeth and went to bed. 'Last night in Konoha' I thought and then fell asleep.

3:22 am
I woke up at the sound of the thunders. I love rain, but storms scare me a lot.
I had still like an hour before starting to prepare myself, I tried to sleep again, but failed. "I will look like a zombie later"

To let the time pass and to distract me from the fear, I decided to draw something. Inojin taught me many things about art these past months and I think I improved a lot.

"What should I draw?" I took a while to choose, but then I came up with a brilliant idea. "Konoha!" I faced the window and started to raffigurate the Leaf village. It was pretty hard since it was dark outside, I did my best and the result was pretty good! I was amazed by myself.

4:17 am
I went to the bathroom and had a shower. It was so relaxing, the water flowing on my skin made me feel so good. I will never leave this shower.
Unfortunately seeing that the sun was rising, I had to split from what could also be nicknamed 'Heaven'.

I dressed in a hurry, putting my usual outift. Then I took my ninja headband and put it on my forehead (or wherever you want). I'm ready.

4:40 am
I heard footsteps from the stairs, 'Auntie?'. I put my drawing away, trying not to wake up Sarada and went to look if it was her. "Morning sweetie" she said still sleepy. I smiled in response and prepared breakfast for us.

"It's my last time here so I'm going to cook something to eat!"
"Okay, but please don't burn anything" She begged me."You aren't funny, auntie!"
"And you're so so loud Y/n" I heard Sarada saying getting up. "Oops"

5:00 am
We were now at the train station. Many people were around us, well what did you expect? Dad is the Kazekage.
I looked around to see if my friends were here to say goodbye one last time, but they weren't and it made me upset.

"The train bound for the sand village had an engine problem, so it will arrive with a delay of one hour. We're sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for understanding." Announced the stationmaster to the passengers.

"You've gotta be kidding me" I said frustrated. "We're very sorry miss, believe me or not but that train is the newest there. We don't know why this happened, it's really strange." "Strange?" I whispered repeating what he said.

5:16
The train hasn't come yet, so I proposed to go back home and wait there. But they all refused saying it was better if we just stay in the train station.

I saw none of my friends, I couldn't believe that they forgot about me leaving the village. Until... "Y/n-chan!" someone yelled. I turned around and met Metal Lee with the squad, who ran to me and hugged me. "What are y'all doing?"

"So, um... We thought of um- going with you ehm, you know walking in the streets of Konoha" explained in panic Iwabee.
"You're bad at making excuses"
"She ain't lying" added Inojin. "Spit the truth out" I ordered at the boys.