Chapter One

*Author's Note* Welcome To Royally Percabeth!! This is my third fanfiction, and is A Selection AU. To anybody who has read Halfbloods At Goode, thank you so, so much for 100 reads!!! Anyway, This story will pretty much be Annabeth's POV, and her outfit isn't posted in the media for chapter one, because it's not really relevant. But it will be up there for pretty much every other chapter. Enjoy Royally Percabeth:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best friend was visibly shaking next to me as we prepared for The Report. I mean, anybody would be when they were about to choose thirty-five possible choices of a wife, but the prince of Greece needed to look calm and Percy was anything but that. I turned to him, fixing his tie and looking straight into his sea green eyes.

"Percy," he looked into my eyes, "You'll find the perfect girl, I promise. Just calm yourself down, you can't go on T.V like this." He took a deep breath then gave me a hug.

"You're right. What would I do without you wise girl?" I smiled, but worry was forming a solid knot in my stomach. What if Percy completely forgot about me after all the girls came? What if he didn't think it was fair to be talking to a different girl when he had thirty-five other girls competing for his heart? There were many things I was not fond of about Greece. The Selection, The Castes, but I couldn't do anything about it. Percy could, and he promised me he will, when he becomes king. I put on my best smile.

"You'll be great Perce. Just smile and act natural." I left him to go sit in the audience, in my normal seat, by myself. Once upon a time I sat here with my mother Athena Chase, the best millitary strategist in the palace. But then one day, I didn't. Nobody told me what happened, I was a smart enough nine  year old to know that the rebels had come and taken thirty people, my mother included. They never found the body, they didn't bother. This had been the second rebel attack the palace had gone through, the first when Percy and I were just a year old, that was the attack that took King Poseidon. I could've gone to live with my father, but he was trying to get his life together. Three years later he married Helen, who already had two four year old sons, Bobby and Matthew. It seemed like he had gotten his life together. But when I went back, Helen treated me like Cinderella, and it was too much. Sally insisted I come back to the palace, saying it was too hard on Percy, but really she wanted me to escape Helen. After that I stayed at the palace, helping with battle strategy, taking classes from Percy and I's private tutor Chiron, and playing with my seaweed brain.

"And we're live in 3.....2....1 We're Live!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked straight forward, sending Percy a reassuring smile. Apollo, our announcer, started speaking.

"Good Evening Greece! Welcome back to a very special edition of The Report. Tonight, our very own Prince Perseus Jackson will be choosing thirty five lovely young ladies to participate in The Selection! But first, some brief announcements from our King and Queen!" Queen Sally stepped up, speaking about politics and such, while King Paul spoke about recent rebel attacks. It was no secret that the rebels were trying to take the crown. There were rumors  that the rebels were being led by Kronos, Percy's grandfather, but nobody believed them. After the brief announcements, Apollo walked up to the stage, followed by some maids who were placing baskets full of slips of paper on a table.

"Alright Greece! Before we get to the selecting, let's have a chat with our very own Prince Perseus!" the studio broke out into applause, and Percy walked up to the stage, smiling nervously. He tried to look causal sitting in his chair, but I knew him well enough to say that he was more nervous than anybody else in the room.

"Good evening Apollo."

"Good evening Your Highness. Are you at all nervous?"

"I must say Apollo, while I'm nervous I'm also very excited to choose these young ladies."