Chapter Seven

*Author's Note* I know, I know, it's taken me a long time to update, I'm sorry. Also this story is moving hella fast but I'm just going to roll with it because I'm writing three at the same time:) Anyways, you guys are getting a special treat with this chapter because you're getting two outfits instead of one. The one in the media is Annabeth's, like usual, but you'll also be getting Piper's so that's fun. Anyway, enjoy the chapter:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you guys kissed three times?"

"It was two!"

"Oh come on! A make out session in a hallway can hardly count as one kiss!"

"Piper!" We rolled to the ground laughing, which my maids would probably yell at me for later, but I didn't really care. After our usual history lesson, Piper and I were spending our free time in the gardens, just talking.

"Have you kissed him yet?" I asked, picking a daisy and placing it in my hair.

"If I'm being all that honest," Piper said, picking at the hem of her dress, "I'm not all that attracted to him." I raised my eyebrows.

"So this is about Jason then...." Piper had told me about a week ago that she thought Jason was cute, and they had talked at the ball of course.

"Annabeth!" I laughed, giving her a light punch in the shoulder.

"Trust me Pipes, he likes you too. And it's not like you're going to get executed for it!" she glared at me.

"You don't know that."

"I've lived at the palace my whole life Piper. I'm pretty sure-" A sudden sound stopped my words, and I jumped to my feet, recognizing it right away. "The rebel alarm! We need to get inside now!" I could already hear the gunshots, signaling the fact that the rebels weren't here to play, they were here to fight. I grabbed Piper's hand and pulled her up, running in the direction of the palace. Even in heels, I was a fast runner, and thank god Piper was too, or we might've been cut down by bullets. We made it inside just as the screams started, and I was suddenly very grateful I knew my way around the palace, as it was complete chaos. We had to dodge guards running out to fight, maids scrambling to get to the smaller safe rooms, and palace officials trying to figure out what was going on. Palace officials never knew what was going on. I held tightly to Piper's hand as we scrambled down the hallways, heading for the royal saferoom. Sure, I could've just tried to get in to any other saferoom, but even if they weren't taken I knew that not only Percy but Sally and Paul would be worried sick if two of the girls didn't show up. Finally, we reached the door, and lucky for us, a guard was stationed outside. The guard was none other than Jason, and when he saw us he breathed a sigh of relief.
"They're worried sick down there." Just as I predicted. "I'm glad you two showed up, I was beginning to think you were dead." Piper was staring at Jason like he was the king or something, which frankly, was a bit creepy. I noticed him wink at her before he unlocked the door and ushered us down. Piper still had a dreamy look in her eye, but she followed with obedience as I rushed down the stairs. As soon as I reached the bottom, I was enveloped in a bone crushing hug by Percy. I'm pretty sure Piper was smirking. 

"Annabeth! I was so worried! I thought the rebels had gotten you, I thought that I would find you dead somewhere and then-" I put an arm on his shoulder, stopping him.

"It's okay Perce. We're both fine." He seemed to realize Piper was behind me and blushed in embarrassment.  

"My apologies Lady Piper." He gave her a hug, but with a mad twinkle in her eye, Piper whispered something in his ear. He blushed crimson and pulled away. After another assurance that we were alright, we headed over to an area where Silena and Katie were more than releived to see we were alive. They gave us tight hugs before the four of us settled down and I took a look around us. Most of the girls were handling it well, Clarisse looked angry that she had been interrupted. But low and behold, Drew and her posse were putting on the full act. Drew was faking sobbing, a sound that, I hope to never hear again. Kalin was pretending to hyperventilate along with Phoebe who was both pretend sobbing and pretend shaking and Tara was doing her best to look nervous. Katie rolled her eyes.