Chapter Five

*Author's Note* Hello Again!! First off, thank you guys for 100 reads! You guys are amazing and I wish I could give you all hugs but I'm in quarantine so... Also! A big thanks to ViolaPlayingFangirl for telling me how to get the look for each day in the media, you were really helpful and I finally did it, yay! I really hope you enjoy this chapter, and you'll definitely be getting some percabeth moments in this. Enjoy:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew something was wrong when I woke up on my own. It's funny, usually I groan and complain when my maids wake me up, but I actually like that better than having to wake up on my own. What was even more strange was that it was 8:30, meaning I had missed breakfast and that left an awful taste in my mouth. I sat bolt upright in bed and saw that a tray with Belgian waffles, bacon, eggs, and fruit along with a glass of apple juice was on the coffee table, leaving me to wonder why. Hazel walked over and drew back the curtains.

"Good you're awake." she didn't look very happy though, and she spoke in a monotone, which was very unlike Hazel.

"The prince told us to let you take breakfast in your room, he said you would need it." I frowned,

"Why in the world would I need that?" Lola brought over a magazine, sighing.

"Maybe you should read page 4 before we answer that." Why would I need to read Athens Weekly? Oh. The Report, I should've guessed. It must mean that there was something in there that convinced Percy I would need to take breakfast in my room. With shaking hands, I flipped to page four and read the article.

The Princess Polls: Who is on Track to be the Next Princess-and Queen-of Greece?

Each of the girls were rated from one to twenty-one, as four girls had been eliminated, Miranda Woods, Lacy Monroe, Adele Payne and Cerys King. Number one on the polls was, no surprise, none other than Drew Tanaka.

1. Lady Drew Tanaka of  Alexandria, 2

Lady Drew Tanaka would seem like the natural choice of a princess. She has the poise, the look, the knowledge and the adoring fans. It would seem her relationship to the prince and the other selected is a very deep and loving one, and puts her first in this competition. Lady Drew quotes, "It is my deepest desire to give Prince Percy the companion he's always longed for, and I believe I can be that companion. I don't long for the crown, but for Prince Percy's heart, unlike many of the other selected." I think I speak for all of Greece Lady Drew when I say we hope that you'll become the future queen. 

Number two on the polls made my heart leap with excitement. Piper had secured her place as the number two pick, the polls claiming she had a kind heart and natural beauty, which was, of course, true. Numbers three through five were occupied by Drew's minions, and Rachel earned a hard sixth. It was followed off by Bella Jones, Calypso Ogygia and Silena Beauraguard while May Jordan, Reyna and Clarisse LaRue happened to place in the ten through twelve zone. Ava Henry was happily in thirteenth and Molly Johnson, Alicia Bennet, and Isabelle Cooper followed her. The next three spots were occupied by Lillie Klein, Eve Brennan and Scarlet Hubbard before my eyes drifted down to number twenty-five.

25. Lady Annabeth Chase of Athens, 3

I think I speak for all when I say that Lady Annabeth's performance on the Report horrified us all. It seems as if all she entered for was the crown, and she is not cooperative or kind in any way. When put on the spot, Lady Annabeth is not able to answer and I see no good qualities of a queen or even a princess. Sources also reveal that Lady Annabeth is the only selected that has not been on a date with the prince which begs the question, why hasn't she been eliminated. An anonymous selected says they believe that Lady Annabeth is threatening the prince and forcing him to keep her in the selection. Sorry Lady Annabeth, you better pack your things because our bet is you'll be headed home soon.