Chapter Nine

*Author's Note* Oh my gods guys, I'm so sorry! I know I haven't updated in a long time but I've been working on my originals and I faced some troubles uploading the outfits to Wattpad with my new laptop, because I had to switch from powerpoint to google slides. Anyways, I know this story is going to seem like it's moving really fast, but it's purposeful and this is really the last boring chapter. Enjoy:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time I saw him in the hallway was a week later, coming back from yet another history lesson in which we were given the assignment of writing a report in two days about one thing to make Greece better. a/n(that was terrible wording, lol) I had something huge in mind, and I really needed to get to work, but low and behold I ran into Luke. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side, grinning furiously as he pushed me against the wall. I kicked him in just the right place and he stumbled back, growling.

"You little-"

"Save it Luke." I snarled. "I'm done with you, family doesn't do that." I stomped away, not caring enough to even slap him.

"Annabeth!" Reyna walked up to me, dozens of books tucked under her arms. She frowned at me. "Are you okay? You look angry." I huffed.

"I got cornered by a particular guard." She nodded in understanding.

"Do you want to go work on our projects together? I could use some company." I smiled, and nodded.

"Let's go to my room, it'll be more comfortable to work." With that, we walked off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chewed on the eraser of my pencil, staring at the pages of words I had already wrote. So far I felt like it was pretty good, I just needed to touch up a few details. The only problem with the proposal: I was taking a huge risk. I could be eliminated for even suggesting this idea, but it was what Greece needed, what was right. I took out a note card from my desk and scribbled down some notes for presenting it, as I would be on live television and any mess ups could be terrible. I threw down my pencil, and sat back in my chair.

"Finally done, and with three hours to spare." Reyna looked up from her book, she had finished her proposal several hours ago.

"There are only three hours until the report?" She peeked up at the clock. "I guess there are. I should get back to my room and get ready for dinner. See you later." she winked and gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the room. Soon after she left, my maids scurried into the room, giving me cheeky grins.

"Are you ready to present your proposal?" I laughed.

"I certainly hope so. Now, what stunning outfit have you prepared for me tonight?" Elsie grinned.

"Just one in the prince's favorite color." I clapped my hands in excitement. Lola whisked me away to the vanity, where a straitening iron was waiting. I sat down, and she began to straiten my hair into flowy beach waves, being careful not to burn me. She braided two small sections of my hair back leading to a loose, messy bun on the very top of my head. The dress amazed me as always. It was strapless, maid of blue satin, and shifted gently from a dark blue to a light blue. It was undeniably sparkly, with jewels sprinkled all throughout the dress and creating a belt along the waist. A layer of navy tulle covered the skirt of the dress, creating a flowy look to the already gorgeous ballgown. I put it on, and immediately felt more confident about the report, knowing that I looked at least somewhat good. My shoes were gorgeous as well. They were the same dark blue as the dress, and whatever fabric they were made of was beautiful and shiny. They were thin heels, and had a square of silver jewels near the toe. I turned around in the mirror and laughed joyfully.