Chapter Two

*Author's Note* Hola! So you know how I said I would put Annabeth's outfit in the media each day? Welp, it gives me a one photo limit and I don't know how to put them in like a collage, I'll work on it for the next chapter. So for this chapter I'll just be adding them as three separate medias. If you guys know how to do that, could you comment it please? Because I'm stumped. Anyway Please Enjoy this chapter:) By The Way, When Not Specified, it's Annabeth's POV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise and shine princess." Hazel stood at my window, drawing the curtains back.

"Ugh. I'm not a princess Hazel." I reminded her. "Just a part of the selection." She rolled her eyes and threw some clothes at me.

"All of the selected are coming in this, it's required that you wear it too." It was just a simple white blouse with a pair of black slacks. A crown of olive branches sat on the vanity, I was to wear it in my hair, as a sign of my province. Hazel snapped her fingers. "Annabeth, you already missed breakfast, it's ten o'clock." Breakfast at the palace took place at eight in the morning, lunch at noon, and dinner at six. "All of the selected are arriving at one, so if you want to move some of your stuff, we better get going." I sighed and stepped out of my bed, this was going to be so much fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dressing in the selected clothes, Hazel told me that my hair had to stay down. She pinned the headband of branches to my hair and tried persuading me to wear makeup.

"You'll want the other girls to like you." she prodded, staring at me with her shining golden eyes.

"Frankly Hazel, I don't care what the other girls think of me. If they have any sense, they won't insult me." She sighed and set the makeup brush down, collecting the extra pins.

"Fine, but it's not my fault if they hate you." Now it was my turn to sigh and walk over to my desk, grabbing my blueprints, library books, journal, notebooks and various maps. Where were those tubes? Ah! I reached under my desk, slipping the maps and my blueprints into the tiny clear tubes from which they came. I placed them carefully on the desk, making sure I had everything I wanted. It's not like they were going to completely get rid of my room, so I left my photographs in their places and shoved my stuff under my arm. Hazel rolled her eyes at me, taking my pile of books and opening the door.

"Third Floor, it should be the last door on the left side." I ran down the stairs, making sure not to drop my blueprints, and ran directly into Jason. Jason was one of Percy's best friends and a guard at the castle. His older sister, Thalia, was part of General Artemis's elite group of warriors and used to be one of my best friends. I haven't seen her in a long time though, and we kind of lost connection, but Jason has always been one of my favorite guards.

"Well hello there Lady Annabeth." he emphasized the lady, making a point. I rolled my eyes and hit him on the arm.

"Oh shut up! I didn't even put my name in you know, Sally did."

"Sally? Yeah she definitely ships you and Percy. Watcha got there?"

"I'm moving my stuff from my old room to the selected room. Apparently I have to stay there." Jason tipped his cap.

"Well get to it." I rolled my eyes and continued down the stairs to the third floor. The hallway with the selected rooms was full of maids bustling around and trying to get the rooms together before lunch. Hazel and I had to dodge cart after cart, towel after towel, maid after maid. I almost thought we would make it to my room without being stopped, but of course two doors away two maids stopped Hazel. The first maid looked to be a little older then Hazel, maybe seventeen, and had jet black hair pulled up into a tight bun with bright jade eyes. The second maid must have been twenty one with long brown hair also in a bun, her eyes were a dark onyx, almost black, behind thick white frames.