4

I looked at my outfit one last time before walking out. I had yellow plaid pants on with a band tee. I had my hair straightened a little.

I was meeting Colby and we had plans to hang out since I had the day off. I walk down the stairs to see Ivy reading and Casey doing yoga.

Blair was eating her breakfast on her table. "Where are you going?" Blair asked as I grabbed my keys.

"Out to meet a friend." I try to not go into detail. Ivy and Casey both looked at me, knowing who I was talking about.

"Okay, don't be gone for too long, we're supposed to hang out." Blair told me. I rolled my eyes but she couldn't see.

"Okay mom." I walk out the door and walk towards the car. She can get under my skin sometimes. Like I'm twenty two, and she's not my mom.

Before I leave, I text Colby to tell him I'm on the way. Apparently him and his old roommates are moving back in together so he wants me to help pack.

He sent me his address so I put it in my gps and started driving.

This is gonna be our first time hanging out by ourselves so I hope it isn't gonna be awkward.

I was a little late getting to his apartment because of traffic. When I get to his door, I knocked on his door. I heard a faint come in.

I open the door to see him sitting on his living room floor. He was folding shirts while watching something on his tv.

There were boxes everywhere but it looked like most of the stuff wasn't packed. "Hey, I went ahead and started folding some clothes." He smiled.

I sat my phone down and walked towards him. "So what's the plan for all this packing stuff?" I ask sitting next to him.

He explained that he was mainly packing his clothes up and getting his bed stuff ready.

They were moving out some time this week and he was behind schedule. I grab a few clothes so I could help him.

"So where do you all live at now?" I ask making conversation. "Jake and Sam live in the same building while Corey lives close." He explained.

I nod my head as I listened. "You have a nice apartment though." I tell him as he thanked me.

"Hey, this is technically our first time hanging out alone together." He told me, thinking about it. "What took us so long?" I ask.

"I was too scared to give you my number." He quietly said. I look at him as he looked at me.

"Did I say that out loud?" He asked, a blush creeping onto his face. "Yeah." I say realizing how cute he was.

Brennen wasn't kidding, he really was my type. "I think you have one too many clothes." I joke as I fold a shirt.

"I need to get rid of some of it." He tells me. I pick up a shirt and look at it. It was a red flannel, which would look so good on him.

I folded it and sat it on his couch. "So, what's with one of your roommates? The one from Chipotle with dark hair." I knew who he was talking about.

"That's Blair. Why?" I ask looking over at him. We made eye contact, my heart rate sped up. "I don't think she likes me too well." He shook his head.

I sigh before speaking. "Don't worry about it, she doesn't like anyone." I grab another shirt to fold it.

"If she's like that with everyone, then why are you friends with her?" He questioned. He wasn't trying to be rude, he was genuinely curious.

"It's complicated." I put the shirt on the couch. "Why don't you try to explain it to me?" I try my best to explain it.

But for most of time, I was stumbling for words. "Have you seen Pitch Perfect?" I ask looking at him.

He sat there for a minute, and then shook his head no. I drop my jaw towards him. "Stop what you're doing." He dropped his clothes.

"Me and you are gonna watch it." I stand up as he looks at me funny. "I don't have it." I roll my eyes as we looked at each other.

"I can rent it on Amazon, now come on. If we're gonna be friends, we gotta watch it." I honestly tell him.

He went over to the couch and plopped himself onto it. I rented the movie out and laid on the couch with him.

As we watched, we were oddly close. It didn't seem to bother him too bad. We didn't say too much during the movie we were too in it.

Halfway through, we were both sitting up, eating popcorn. Our shoulders were touching as we had our hands in the bowl.

"Hey, look at what I found while I was packing." I heard Sam speak while he walked through the door. I paused the movie as he looked at us.

"Hey, Eden. I didn't know you were here." He smiled as I did the same. "Yeah, I came to help Colby pack." I tell him.

He looked at all the empty boxes and then back over at us. I looked over Colby as he looked at me.

"We got a little distracted." Colby laughed as Sam started smiling. "Only a little?" Sam joked, making me laugh.

"I'll just show you later. Have fun you two." Sam then walked back out, leaving us. I just shook my head as I started the movie.

Once it was over, we spent a few hours cleaning and packing. "It looks a lot better than earlier." I admitted as I looked at it.

He nodded his head in agreement. I grabbed my things so I could leave. It's late and we've been cleaning for a few hours.

"Here I'll walk you to your car." Colby offered. We started walking to the car as I felt his stare. "What are your plans tomorrow?" Colby asked.

I thought about it for a second. "Lunch with the girls and then work. Why?" I ask as we get into the elevator.

"How about you skip the lunch and hang out with me?" He offered. I look at him like he was crazy.

"If I missed that lunch, Blair would absolutely freak." We then walk outside and go towards the car.

Once we get to the car, we both leaned against it. "It's just one day, come hang out with me at the Pier." I sigh as I look at him.

"Okay, fine. It's a date."