5

I quietly left the house without anyone noticing. Colby told me he wanted to go to the Pier because they're moving all of his stuff.

I got into my car and started driving to his apartment. I was a little late because I couldn't figure out what to wear.

I had on black skinny jeans with holes in the knees and a black crop tank top. I was excited to see Colby even though I saw him yesterday.

I can tell us two are getting really close. I pull into his apartment complex and texted him to tell him I was here.

After a minute, he got into the passenger seat. "What's up pretty lady?" He asked putting his seat belt on.

I smile at him as I start to drive away. "Did Brennen teach you that one?" I ask smirking a little bit. He groaned.

"I knew I shouldn't have used it." I laughed a I kept my eyes on the road. "So what all do you wanna do at the Pier?" I ask changing the subject.

"I figured we could ride some stuff, eat, and look around some stores." He suggested. I nodded my head in agreement.

As I drove, my phone started ringing in the cup holder. "It's Blair." Looks like she figured out I'm not there.

"When it gets to voicemail, can you turn my phone off?" I really don't feel like dealing with anyone. Plus, I wanna hang out with Colby.

With no distractions, I can get to know him better. "I'm sorry about her, by the way." I apologize.

"You shouldn't have to apologize for the way everyone else is." He said. I look at him with a soften face and then look back at the road.

He was right though. We got to the Pier and started walking around. "You're gonna win me a giant teddy bear right?" I joke.

"Only if you get me cotton candy." He joked back. "So how come you and your old roommates moved out in the first place?" I ask.

I wanted to get to know him better. "The lease of our house was up so we've been living on our own for a year now." He explained.

I nodded my head as I listened. "It's really good though, I love living with them. What about you and your friends?" He asked curious.

"Two years. We all moved in together when we were twenty. It was hard but it's been fun." Other than Blair.

I felt bad for ditching them and not telling them, I just didn't want them up my ass. "What got you into tattooing?" He asked.

I quickly look down at my arms. "I think I've always been into them. I got my first one when I was seventeen." I explain to him.

"What about you?" I ask curious. He explained how he got his first one a couple years ago. "You wanna ride the Ferris Wheel?" He pointed towards it.

I smiled and nodded my head. We waited in line as we looked around. "It feels good out here. I love this weather." I say looking at the ocean.

It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold either. It was perfect. "It reminds me of Kansas." I look over at him.

"What's that like?" I questioned. "It was fun having all four seasons." He seemed like he loved and missed it at the same time.

We hung out for most of the afternoon, getting to know each other a little bit. I went into work a little late but they didn't mind.

It was slow for the most part. When I walked into the condo, Blair was pacing back and fourth. Ivy and Casey both looked nervous.

When Blair saw me, she stopped and glared. "You weren't at lunch today." She crossed her arms while popping her hip out.

"Yeah, I got caught up doing other things." I say nonchalantly. "What about our tradition?" I could tell she was pissed.

I've been ignoring most of her calls. "It was one time, why are you being so anal?" Casey and Ivy looked at each other nervously.

"Because Eden, we've had this tradition for years. You know how much this means to me." Only because she's controlling.

"Lighten up Blair, I was with a friend. It's no big deal." I move to the stairs so I could go up to my room. "Which friend?" She asked up my ass.

I roll my eyes as she follows me. "You're not my mom." I walk into my room, closing my door in her face.

I plop on my bed and look at my phone. "I know you were with Colby. I heard Casey tell Ivy." I take a deep breath so I don't get angry.

I stand up so I could open the door. "I was with Colby, so what?" I ask angry.

"I don't want you to hang out with him anymore." I snorted with laughter.

But as I laughed, I realized how serious she was. "I'm not gonna stop hanging out with him. We're friends." I laugh a little.

She looked me up and down. "If you can't respect my wishes, then you can get out." I was taken aback.

"What?" I ask confused. "Get out of the condo if you can't respect my wishes." I look over at the girls behind her.

They looked shocked and speechless. I know they're not gonna stick up for me. "You guys gonna say something or not?" I ask angry.

After a minute, I roll my eyes as I lock my jaw. I look at Blair in her eyes. "Fuck you." When I walk past her, I make sure to shoulder bump her.

I then stopped and looked at Casey. "You're lucky I didn't say anything about Kevin. Or maybe I should." But I just shook my head.

I shoulder bumped her too as I walked out. I got into my car, slamming it shut. I hate Blair with a passion.

It's either her way or no ones way. She has no right to tell me who I can be friends with. I punch the steering wheel out of anger.

Where was I gonna stay? I have no where to go. What am I gonna tell Colby? Then it hit me.

Colby gave me his new house address so I can walk around it. I put it into google maps and started driving.

Once there, I go up to the front door. I sigh as I knock. I was nervous for sure. Like what if they didn't let me stay.

The door opened reveling Colby's face. He was shocked to see me. "Eden, you okay?" He asked as I really thought about it.

"Blair kicked me out. I have no where else to go."