19

I was at work for about an hour and a half, helping Austin. "I'll see you soon, Jake!" I say as he walks out.

Austin had just got done and Lyric, another employee, came to help.

"We should have it from here. Thanks Eden!" Austin gave me a really big hug.

"No problem. I'm here to help." I gave them both a wave and walked out. I started to drive home, hoping Colby is still there.

Once I got there, most of the lights were still on so I guess they were still up. I go inside to hear only a couple of voices.

"So, you're like really into Eden?" I hear Blair ask. I could hear Colby chuckle from the living room.

I closed the door quietly and slowly walked so I can hear what he has to say. "Yeah. How can you not?" He asked, making me smile.

"When she kissed you the first time, I couldn't believe that she actually did it." Oh no.

I hope she doesn't say anything because I haven't had the chance to tell him. "What do you mean?" He asked, confusion in his voice.

"She didn't tell you?" There was silence. "When she kissed you at Chipotle, it was based on a dare." Oh no.

The silence was driving me crazy. I stepped out so I could see his expression. And he didn't look too happy.

I guess he heard me and looked up at me. There was hurt and confusion on his face. I couldn't read Blair's face.

"Is it true?" He asked me. My mouth went dry instantly. "Please, you have to let me explain." I should've told him.

I hate how he's hurt and it's because of me. "Was this whole thing a dare? Every part of it?" I could hear a hint of anger in his voice.

"No. Can we talk about this in private?" My eyes flickered towards Blair and back up to him.

"I don't wanna talk about this right now." He then walked away.

I chased him outside while yelling his name. "So you're not gonna listen to me?" I ask starting to tear up.

He stopped in his tracks to look at me. "Listen to what? Listen to you try tell me this wasn't a dare?" He asked out of anger.

"How this relationship wasn't fake when it was? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked getting closer to me.

He was honestly starting to scare me. "Because I thought it didn't matter." I blurt out. I've never seen him this mad.

"What the fuck do you mean it didn't matter? It's the fact you didn't deny it either." He rolled his eyes and walked towards his car.

"Colby, my feelings for you are true!" I cry towards him. "Just leave me alone." As I watched him get in his car and drive away, I started crying.

I stared at his car until I couldn't see it anymore. "Eden." I hear Blair say from the door. Anger started to rise in me.

"What the hell Blair?" I scream. I don't even care who hears me. I lost Colby because of her. She looked really startled.

"I thought you had told him." She tried to act innocent. "Obviously not. Why do you not want us together?" I ask her.

It's like she couldn't look me in the eye. "Because I might also like him too." My heart dropped. Of course.

Everything I want, she has to want it too. I push past her inside the house to pack some things. I couldn't stay here tonight.

I needed to get away for the night. I go to my room and grab a bag. "Please Eden, don't be mad at me." Blair begged.

"Get the fuck out of my room before I hit you." I calmly say. You know I'm angry when my words are calm but I'm physically not.

I could feel myself shaking. I heard footsteps moving which meant she's gone. I packed some clothes and walked out without saying goodbye.

I called the only person I could think of. "Eden?" There was music blaring in the background.

"Austin, I need your help." I get into my car and start to drive away. "Come to The Echo. It's great here." He then hung up on me.

Great. I typed in the address and started to drive as I went to the club. He's probably already drunk.

I need to go help him anyway if he's drunk. I drive to the club so I can talk to him. I wasn't surprised to know he was there.

When I get there, I go inside and look for Austin. And he wasn't hard to find. I found him at the bar getting drinks.

I go up to him, music blaring into my ears. "Austin!" I yell over the music. He turned around and looked over at me.

His face brighten up when he saw me. But then quickly dimmed when he saw my tear stained face.

"What happened?" He asked. "You wanna get out of here?" He asked in my ear. I nodded my head as we started walking.

Once we got to a place that was quiet, I instantly started explaining to him what happened.

With Colby cutting it off, Blair telling Colby why I really kissed him, and Blair also having feelings for Colby.

I shed a couple tears as I told him everything as he held me. "You can stay with me for as long as you need, okay?" He let go of me to look at me.

I smiled as I nodded my head. "Thank you, Austin." I'm happy I still have him. "So what do you wanna do?" He asked and that's when it hit me.

"I wanna drink." I wanna forget this night as a whole. I know I said I wanted to help Austin, but I wanna forget everything.

He looked at me confused and then sighed. "Let's go drink." He held his hand out for me to grab so I took it.

We walked into the club, not knowing I was not gonna remember walking out.