20

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache. Stupid hangover. I was in an unfamiliar place on an unfamiliar bed.

I sit up and look around. I feel like I could throw up in any minute. As I look around, I start to know where I am.

"Hey, you're awake." Austin smiled over at me as he walked in. "How drunk did I get last night?" I ask anxious.

After about the tenth shot, I don't remember anything after that.

"You were pretty wild. One minute you were dancing, the next you running to the bathroom." He explained.

He laughed over at me. I groan as my head pounded more. "Here, I made you food." He handed me a plate as I thanked him.

I heard a vibration from the night stand and looked to see my phone ringing. It was Casey. I didn't feel like answering it so I just let it ring.

"They've been calling you all morning." Austin spoke as I bit into my food. "I honestly don't care at the moment." I aggravatingly say.

All the memories from last night came into my mind. The look on Colby's face came back, no matter how much I tried drink it away.

"I fucked up, didn't I?" I quietly ask. I sit my food down, feeling awful. Both mentally and physically. Austin came over and sat next to me.

"You didn't know Blair was going to do that. And you didn't know she had a thing for your boyfriend." Austin helped me.

"Here, finish your food and I'll drive you to your car. Then you can do what you want." He offered.

I nodded my head as I picked my food up. After about forty five minutes, Austin had dropped me off at my car.

"Take off tonight if you need to. I know your feeling bad." We then shared our goodbyes as he started to drive away.

I get in my car and check my phone for the first time. I have so many missed calls and texts from the girls, but none from Colby.

I decided to call him, to see if he'll answer. It went straight to voicemail. Hopefully this works.

"Hey, Colby." I started out. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from." I took a shaky breath real quick.

"But I just wanna talk to you. And you don't have to talk, just listen. I'll explain everything. I hope you can forgive me." I press the end button to the call.

I take some deep breaths so I don't cry. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to the condo and shower to get the alcohol smell off of me.

When I get there, I see a bunch of cars there. I take a deep breath and go inside. When I opened the door, everything went quiet.

"Eden?" I hear Ivy ask from the kitchen. "It's me." I slowly start to walk to the kitchen to see everyone down there.

Jake, Brennen, Kevin, Sam, Ivy, Casey, and even Blair. They were all standing around the island. They all looked serious.

Like they were talking about something important. Probably about me running off. "Where the hell did you go last night?" Casey spoke up.

"We've been calling you for hours." Ivy sounded so sad.

"I went to the club with Austin and got really drunk. I blacked out and woke up at his place." I explain.

They all looked in between each other. "Where's Colby?" I ask, I really wanted to explain myself. I feel like there's something they won't tell me.

I was starting to get confused now. And a little worried. "He's gone." My heart dropped. But I was still confused.

"What do you mean he's gone?" I ask looking at his best friend. "After you two fought he packed his bags and got on a plane." He sadly explained.

"He's in Kansas." I thought out loud. No one said anything which confirmed it. I can't believe this.

My brain was scrambling with thoughts. I need to go make things right. I walk away without saying anything.

"Eden, what are you doing?" Brennen asked following me. "I need to go explain myself to Colby." I go into my room.

I could hear everyone follow me. "You can't go. You're hungover and you need to think about this." Jake tried to explain.

"I need to do this! I can't loose him!" I yell out of frustration. Everyone was staring at me. I pulled my laptop out so I can look for tickets.

"Can I talk to her alone?" I heard Blair ask everyone. Everyone walked away as Blair closed the door.

It took her a minute to talk. "Somethings changed in you, you're distant and cold. And I don't know what I've done." She softly said.

I looked at her dumbfounded as I stand up to look at her better. Did she really just say that?

"He was my hope. And now he's gone. Do you understand, I let this person in." I start to explain to her.

"I let him in. And I don't let people in." It's hard for me to let people in knowing how controlling Blair can get.

And she doesn't understand that. "You've taken him from me. I needed him, and you broke me." She had tears in her eyes as I explain this to her.

"I'm done with you. When I come back, I'm gonna move in with whoever else. I just can't be your friend anymore." This is what's best for me.

"You're leaving me for someone you barely know?" She huffed as she crossed her arms.

I close my computer as I grab my phone. Thank goodness I have clothes packed. I looked her up and down.

"He's treated me way better than you have ever treated me. Now if you excuse me, I have a plane to catch." I bump into her as I walk out.

I run downstairs and to my car even though it killed my headache. But I didn't let it bother me. I didn't care about it.

I just needed to get on this plane.