{N I G H T M A R E}

(Since this is more of a side story that has shorter chapters, I was trying to finish my main stories like Stone Cold Pacifist- however, there is no harm in giving this an update! So enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

Everything was very dark... my strained breathing could be heard echoing through the pitch black room as I waited for the door to creak open. Once it did, I would be shown the light from the hallway that would lead into the testing grounds... or maybe they'd strap me down to the cold metal table again.

The scientists at this point really couldn't make up their mind on what they wanted... but I knew what my Soul wanted from me.

Summoning my Soul to see how it barely lit up in my own hands... I took a moment to look at the fading red colors of what use to be my determination. Once, it was a beautiful mixture of green and red, green being dominant.

Slowly, my hands reached out to try and tear my very existence apart- I didn't want to live like this anymore.

Roughly, my fingers pried at it... but then, the door opened to reveal the features of a man that I learned to hate. At first, he was very kind and acted like a father to Frisk and I within this institute. However, after awhile we saw through him.

It was a test to see if he could increase our potential through love. Though when it wasn't exactly successful, he found different, more aggressive ways.

Panicking, I backed away into a corner as he came closer to me in an effort to grab my arm. In his opposite hand was a syringe that he'd use to calm me down since I was having more frequent anxiety attacks.

"Now, now. Don't be like that, subject one!" He called out. When I didn't show any signs of listening, the man put away the drug that he held and instead hit me across the face. By now, I was a sobbing mess on the floor... and he only looked down at me with annoyance. "Today is an important test. We're going to try and separate a portion of your Soul from your body. If we succeed, then we might be able to finally do it. You can finally leave this place- don't you want that?"

He then pulled the syringe from his pocket, approaching on me with very little hesitation. Staring up at him with horror, I expressed the one thing that I felt better than any emotion for the last several years. Fear. "NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

I raised my hand in a gesture to tell him to back off, to get away from me...

But instead of him successfully attacking me like how I remembered... instead several bones and even a strange floating skull appeared in front of me like a blockade. The floating creature parted its jaw to shoot a blast of white at the enemy in front of me.

Taking a look at my hand in confusion, I then stared at everything around me. My anxiety had calmed down once I managed to put distance between myself and that man. But... this didn't seem familiar.

Pulling out my Soul to identify it, I noticed how it was shrouded in a vibrant glow of blue... the very sight of it calming me down enough to catch my breath. The floating dragon-like skull turned around to face me, sniffing lightly while a low rumble sounded from inside its mouth.

What was this creature? Why did it look so familiar to me?

Instantly, I wrapped my arms around its snout and started to sob loudly. I gave it praise for saving me while expressing what would of happened if it didn't show up... so in response, it continued to purr from the affection while listening intently to what I told it.

Eventually, the darkness of the room that I was trapped in started to fade away, only to instead make me awake on the comfort of a bed. It was... Sans' room...