{S O R R Y}

(Like I promised, here is the next chapter to fated! I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't be able to update today since I had a few other things to do... though thankfully, I made time haha. Enjoy!~)

---Sans' Pov---

I almost lost myself in my first attack. I snapped, like a damn animal that was mindless in its desire to kill. After seeing my mate on the ground, hurt and obviously overworked... I made every attempt to fight against my growing anger.

Thinking that I had control over what I felt was one thing, but her desire to leave my hold as I was trying to calm down was another. Before I could properly assess her wounds or even strength, she tried to throw herself back into a situation that could cause harm. Thinking that she'd get hurt again was a spark to my rage... but realizing that she was doing it because she thought that I was helpless broke me.

Upon entering combat, I felt like it was purely my own instincts in control. It didn't feel like I had a say in the matter, I was being driven to protect what was mine. (Y/n) belongs to me...

I shivered at the thought.

I wasn't very possessive by personality- though by nature? Well that was a completely different story. Of course it doesn't really help when your entire species is dead. Or that your Soul starts to break apart in the span of a week if your mate dies. You have to meet your mate first for that to happen- but still. Dying from losing the will to live isn't a good way to go.

Ugh... being a skeleton with a mate who is so fragile makes this pretty much worse. I love her, and that will never change because of who we are to each other- but she can easily get hurt. My desire to keep her safe is stripping away my ability to understand right from wrong.

Which brings us to this moment... where (Y/n)'s sobs are echoing against the cave of Waterfall. The single eye that I had flashing between blue and yellow faded away into the endless void of my eye sockets. The blasters that I summoned, all eight of them, left my side to frantically examine (Y/n) for injuries. This would of fascinated me since they did it of their own free will- that is, if Undyne wasn't cowering in front of me.

"Hey. Undyne." I said lowly. My hands were shoved into my pockets, but my grin effectively lowered into a scowl. If this situation didn't turn out this harsh, then everyone here probably would of been commenting on my ability to not smile. "Sorry for lashin' out at ya. I shouldn't of done that."

She shivered in front of me, her single eye was wide and confused by what I'd done. But again, I really couldn't help it. Skeletons, when they were still around... were very protective of their Soulmates. Slowly, the Royal Guard raised her stare, only to let out a shaky breath at the battle that ended.

I spared her.

"Sans... you stopped?"

This wasn't a fair trial.

"You could of killed me... in one turn. Like it was nothing..."

Undyne was not guilty.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to snap at ya. All Monsters react differently to havin' a mate. As a skeleton, we're obsessed with their safety. And sometimes, we attack at the smallest thing." I explained carefully. Undyne struggled to her feet, her astonishment and fear were soon replaced by something else. "Uh? You doin' alright?"

"THAT WAS FUCKING INSANE. HOW ARE YOU SO STRONG?!" She screamed out. I took a glance at (Y/n), watching as the blasters poked at her a bit. She was still crying, but not as much.

"Look, Undyne." My eyes were still empty as I spoke, she was currently in the middle of something like a mental breakdown. Not that I could blame her for it. "I know that ya like to prove your strength, and train others... fight, and even make the most boring activity into a challenge."