{R I S K}

(As promised, here is the next update to Fated! Sorry that it took longer than intended, I've been busy, a bit more than usual it seems. Regardless, I hope that you all like the next chapter! Thank you for being patient. Enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

I peered from behind the ruins door, but I didn't see anyone in my path. Frisk told me that I should wait about thirty minutes before following after them... they claimed that they'd finish Papyrus' puzzles, and then meet up with me so that we can sneak through Snowdin.

Bringing my hands to my mouth, I puffed a breath of warm air on them. The temperature beyond the door was starting to give me chills... I wasn't too fond of the cold, even with this pink turtleneck on.

Deciding to trust that the coast was clear, I pushed the door open. It had been forty minutes... I had waited longer just incase.

Slipping through the door, I made sure to close it firmly so that Toriel wouldn't have to. She really wanted us to stay, but we were able to convince her that this was for the best.

Of course, she didn't know that we were literally being sent to our deaths... our lives, that we'd happily be giving once we reached the barrier.

I let out a heavy sigh at the thought. I never got to really live, and that alone made me feel uneasy. Brushing my fingers against the door, I quietly said my goodbyes to the poor mother that tried to protect someone that wasn't her child.

Turning around, I took several hesitant steps... staring through the trees with wary (E/c) eyes until finally managing to reach an untouched branch. I stepped around it, expecting to hear the echoing snap of wood... but there was nothing.

Brushing my fingers through my hair, I was thankful that Toriel helped me to get cleaned up before we left. I didn't look like a mess this time... after that thought, I felt something cold against my hand. Upon further investigation, I realized that it was snowing.

The snow fall caused me to look up out of curiosity. I could never understand how it snowed down here, but it was very beautiful all the same. Even if I didn't like the cold, watching the small white powder fall was nothing short of relaxing.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Those two things that I did right now had an impact on relieving some of my stress. I needed some kind of peace of mind while I was down here. The more interactions that I could avoid, the better.

...............................

...........................................................

Silence. Maybe this felt more unnerving than I cared to let on. Especially once I felt a sudden chill running up my spine.

"Heya."

Immediately, I flinched at the deep voice that belonged to someone that I was all too familiar with. It was Sans.

He was behind me.

This whole damn time, Sans was watching me? Waiting for me to step out of that door?!

I hesitated... flinched even- and he saw it.

Turning around cautiously, I noticed that he had his hand outstretched... a pink object was attached to his palm. "Don't ya know how to greet a new-"

Once our eyes made contact, Sans lowered his hand... suddenly, it seemed as though he forgot about his standard greeting. "Have... we met before?"

I shook my head, not risking a response. Worst case scenario, he'd remember something somehow. I mean, Frisk told me that he wouldn't... that it'd be impossible... but I felt so scared that I took several steps back.