26| Scarlet swirls

A/N

This art is gorgeous, isn't it? I'm in love with this...

***********************************************

Peter's pov.

"We need to talk." I stare at the person in front of me, confused as to what she wanted from me. A relaxed look covered her face but her eyes were sharp, an intelligent glint in them.

Did I do something wrong?

"You didn't do anything wrong." She suddenly speaks up and my head snaps in her direction, a smirk forming upon her face. How did she know? She got powers due to the exposure from the mind stone and she answered the question I didn't even ask out loud. That can mean only one thing.

"You know I can read your mind, right?" She confirms my doubt and I suddenly feel self-conscious of every single thought running through my mind.

Hello?

I think in my mind, trying to confirm if she is still hearing my thoughts. She suddenly laughs and I feel the heat creep up my neck. "Hello to you too." I feel the urge to facepalm myself, way to make a fool out of myself.

I finally notice that we were still standing at the doorway and move aside, gesturing for her to step in. She walks in, her eyes scanning the room before she takes a place on the edge of the bed.

"Are you ok?" She suddenly starts and I feel unsure of what to say. Was I okay? I clear my throat before answering, "Of course, I am." Obviously, there's nothing wrong, just some overwhelming thoughts, nothing I can't handle.

"That's not what your thoughts indicated." I find myself at a loss of words. How am I supposed to answer that? It's like giving a lie detector test, there's nothing hidden. "You know, they all care very much about you, right? Especially Uncle Tony." She continues and I find myself pondering over her words.

Care...that's what you do for people who are close to you, who are family. Of course, there have been many occasions where I found the proof of the ordeal, let it be the Flash incident or the recent incident with the criminals but, that is not caring, is it? That is being responsible. Just like Mr Stark always says, I am his responsibility because I am his mentee. Nothing more, nothing less.

"There is so much you don't know, Peter. But, you gotta trust me, they do." I stare at her, unsure where she was going with this. "I don't know why you are telling me this, Ms Maximoff." She smiles, just like Uncle Ben used to whenever I tried to fix the crossword puzzle, the same smile he used to have when I had the answer right in front of me, yet, I couldn't find it.

"You remind me of Pietro." She suddenly changes the topic, her eyes glaze over as if she was reliving some moments. "Pietro?" I question, unable to recognize the foreign name. She turns to me with a sad smile. "My brother. He died during Sokovia war." I feel guilt wash over me for touching such a sensitive topic.

"He was a bit like you, never accepting if something ever bothered him. I couldn't get a word out of him unless I read his mind." She chuckles after completing the statement and I feel myself being dragged into the story of the boy I never got the chance to meet.

"You can't sleep, can you?" I stare at her, once again, at a loss of explanation. "I was going to." I try to put up an indifferent front. She rolls her eyes at me. "You would have had been asleep since you are quite exhausted from what I can see." She says, getting up from her place on the bed and walks towards me.

I finally notice a barely visible scarlet rim bordering the blue in her eyes. She's using her powers. The red tint disappears in no time and she smiles before putting a hand on my shoulder. "Too many thoughts, huh?" I find myself avoiding her eyes at the question. "Nothing too bad." I simply shrug in response. It wasn't like I was going through this episode for the first time. I've handled it before, I can handle it again.

"Wanna see something cool?" She asks, bringing her palm up in front, a scarlet hue swirling around her fingers and I feel myself staring at it with wide eyes, fascinated by the mesmerizing patterns. "It's beautiful," I look up at her.

"I used to use this trick whenever Pietro couldn't sleep." She explains and I feel my heart drop, maybe, I was intruding something that is too sensitive, too beautiful to be shared. I shake my head, snapping my eyes away from the beautiful swirls.

"You are not intruding, Peter." She whispers reading my thoughts, again. "Let's see if the trick can help you..." She stretches before gesturing towards the bed. "Try to sleep and enjoy the show." I slowly nod, hoping that, maybe, maybe it might work and I could sleep without having to relive the painful memories

I get under the comforter and she sits upon the edge, her hands shining with strings of beautiful reds before she points her hand up towards the ceiling and my eyes follow her movements. Elegant swirls burst out in every direction and a red tint colours the entire bedroom while I find myself awed at the scene in front of me.

Wow...

I watch the red swim around the room, each string turning into magnificent designs and I feel my thoughts completely calm down, replaced by the fascination towards the serenity and magic in the room. My eyelids grow heavy and for the first time in many nights, I feel safe as the swirls danced around me.

Thank you...

*****************************************************
Tony's pov.

I walk up the stairs, confused as to what was taking Wanda so much time. My eyes fall upon the brown-haired girl, slowly shutting the wooden door of Peter's room and I continue to stand at the same place. She finally looks up at me and walks in my direction.

"You know, I wasn't going to murder him, right?" She says, her voice laced with humour, hiding her light sokovian accent. I smirk at her before giving an innocent shrug. She nudges me in the side making me groan but she immediately shushes me down. "Keep it down, Uncle Tony. He just slept!" She whisper-yells and my eyes furrow at her serious tone.

"Is he ok?" I find my self speaking my thoughts out loud. "He will be." She announces and I feel agitated, not knowing what was going on with my own kid. She sighs beside me before continuing, "Just some bad thoughts that weren't letting him sleep."

"When are you going to tell him?" She asks with a serious tone as she crosses her arms against her chest. "Soon." I keep my answer short and vague. Vague, just like the situation was. I have no idea when I am going to drop the information, but, the main problem wasn't when, it was how. How are you supposed to tell a teenager that you are his father who he had never come across before without sounding like a complete asshole?

Gosh, this is too messy...

"It will get even messier if you keep on running away from it." I give her a disapproving look for reading my mind but find myself unable to disagree. She was right, after all.

"We should go back before your dad finishes up the entire pizza." She chuckles at my attempt of diffusing the tension but goes with it nonetheless. "That won't be the first time." We make our way down the stairs before I take a last glance at Peter's room.

I'm gonna fix everything...

I stop in my steps, startled by the unexpected call and I grab my phone out of the pocket. The name 'May' flash across the screen and I find myself confused as to why she was calling at 1 am. "I'll meet you down." Wanda gives me a suspicious look before hesitantly nodding her head and complying my decision.

I pick up the call, a small amount worry washing over me. "May?" I question, keeping my voice low. A sniffing sound echoes from the other side before the woman's voice reach me.

"Tony, I need to tell you something."

**********************************************

A/N

Honestly, I love the idea of Wanda and peter as siblings or cousins. I hope you guys like it too, or maybe aren't bothered by it at the very least.

By the way, anyone else wishing to see Wanda's magic like that, or, is it just me? Gosh, I would love to see something like that.

And, then there's May's call. Any theories?

That's all for today, people. See ya! ;)