Finding who we're looking for

Wendy woke up very early to get a good start to her search. It took her an hour to get to the boulder, where she sprinted past the crows. She wouldn't stop this time.

Not until she found Dipper. After a few more hours, she stopped where she found his shirt.

Dipper's scent was starting to fade. It would be even harder to track him. Just another reason to find him today.

She took a 20 minute break there, she'd been running for hours she needed this break.

She continued, eventually finding a bunch of deer tracks in some mud. Along with remains. She sniffed it just in case if it were him. To her relief it wasn't. She continued running.

Eventually she had to stop. She was able to see Dipper. He was prancing around with smaller deer.

He looked like he'd grown these past few days. He even sprouted horns.

She hid behind a bush, making sure to keep quiet. She didn't want to startle them.

She noticed a few deer stopped what they were doing. They were looking right at her. A big one reared and they all ran, even Dipper. He looked like he was carrying a smaller deer... maybe a baby in his arms.

Wendy kept hidden in the bushes as she followed them. It was so hard to keep quiet.

She realized that Dipper might not run away if she got him alone. How was she supposed to do that?

Meanwhile, Mabel finally arrived to a mermaid village, or town? Either way there were plenty of mermaid living there.

"We're here!" Corala said happily. "Not sure where your friend could be though."

Mabel swam deeper into the mermaid village.

Looking at the village-town place was mystical. She loved it here so far.

"Mabel?" Mermando said, puzzled.

"Mermando!" she cried happily as she swam to him. She gave him a big hug.

"Mabel, I am happy to see you. I have to ask.... how?" He said confused, but happy.

"Me and Dipper found a weird flower, I guess it turned me into a mermaid when I touched it." She said. "What you got there?" She asked, seeing a suitcase made of... glass? crystal? something pretty.

"Oh." He said sadly. "As you may have read in one of my letters. I was forced to get married to the queen of manatees. I am actually moving right now."

"Oh." Mabel said trying to show she wasn't sad. "What was it like to be reunited with your family?" Mabel asked.

"Enchanting" Mermando said.

Wendy was still coming up with a plan.

If she showed herself, they'd run because she looks like a wolf. She could chase them and tackle Dipper. No, he has that baby he'll be carrying.

The best thing Wendy could do was wait for an opportunity.

Dipper and some of the older fawns started going to the nearby field. Perfect.

Wendy followed them to the field.

The field had tall grass, so Wendy was able to get close.

She tackled Dipper and the fawns ran back to the herd. Dipper made made a deer noise as he tried to squirm away.

"Dipper" Wendy said.

Dipper stopped squirming and looked at her. "Wendy?"

They both got up.

"C'mon, we need to get to the shack" Wendy said.

Dipper rubbed one of his elbows. "Oh."

"Dipper?"

"Wendy... I was kinda hoping this was just a visit."

She was shocked. "Dude, we need to go. Stan is going to fire me if we don't."

"He's gonna fire you?"

"Yeah man."

"Oh... Let me say my goodbyes then."

"Sure."

Dipper went back to the herd. Wendy watched him say his goodbyes. He looked really sad. Wendy noticed how he even named them all.

Now it was time to make their way back to the shack.