03

Yellow jerks up startled and breathing heavily. Her head pounding in pain and she groans lifting her head up. Where was she?

She looks around. The mountain? Her sword was in her lap but nothing else was gone. Yellow uses her sword to help her up, stabbing the ground and pulling herself to her feet.

It was dark too.

That woman. She knocked her out! Yellow is seething in rage as she sheaths her sword. She retraces her footsteps back to the camp.

How could she fall for that soft spoken voice and those blue eyes..

Yellow is snapped out of her thoughts when she comes across her camp. All of them brutally murdered. Body parts arrayed around and lit up by the fire.

The woman. Blue. She said she was sorry before knocking her out. Is this what she meant? She notices one of them barely breathing and runs to him.

She kneels besides him and takes note of the deep gashes made by a gigantic animal in his waist, almost tearing his bottom half off.

"..th-...the dragon..." He says weakly and manages to point where the dragon left to.

Yellow looks where he is pointing at and it was obvious it went through the woods. Trees bent and splintered as they were moved out of the way in a hurry.

A trail of blood in the dirt and grass too. This troop of peasants actually got a hit on the forsaken dragon.

Yellow stands up and watches the man take his last breath, succumbing to his wounds. She promises their deaths would not be in vain and follows the broken trees.

It was far into the woods. Further than Yellow had ever been. It was actually peaceful back here.

Well it was until the forest shifted into a rocky quarry she didn't know was out here.

There were no sounds besides the few crows and the sky seemed darker than earlier.

The blood trail started to fade before stopping entirely and she takes her sword out, just in case.

Yellow turns around a boulder and sees the familiar cloak on the ground. This time the edges were ripped and holes were torn in the middle.

Or was physically in shreds. A deep growl of pain startles her and she ducks behind some rocks. Dark navy blue scales lined with alice blue spikes is what she observes.

Next is huge black claws; stained with fresh blood and blue eyes, looking off into the distance. Most likely to get its mind off of the pain from the sword sticking out of its body.

Yellow oddly felt bad about it once the dragon lowered its head onto the ground and closed its eyes.

Accepting the pain will continue no matter what. She walks out and accidentally kicks a rock, alerting the dragon.

It snaps its eyes open and growls, turning towards her. In between the scales of its throat it starts to illuminate and glow.

That was a warning and Yellow knew. She runs to hide behind rock, just in time as a blue flame hits the other side.

"Wait!" She yells, putting her hands out once the fire stopped.

She slowly moves out.

"You're in pain. Allow me to help you."

To show she meant no threat she unties the sheath of her sword at her waist and throws it to the side. Her sword too.

The dragon narrows its eyes but nonetheless lowers its head again. Yellow carefully walks to the beast and examines the sword sticking out.

"..I hope you don't mind me doing this." Yellow says, climbing up its side and grabs the handle.

It slides out fairly easily and she gets off of it. The open wound closes almost instantly and the dragon spreads its wings. Stretching them before closing it.

Yellow had to admit. The colors on this creature was beautiful. Mesmerizing even.

It shows pacification to Yellow and stands up. Giving a slight nod to her before climbing up the rocks, leaving her alone.

But knowing White, Yellow couldn't show up empty handed and was determined to follow it.

And she did exactly that. The climb was difficult but worth it in the end.

It was the highest peak in the quarry and overlooked the forest. The faint glow of the kingdom in the distance.

The dragon is harmless to her. It does start to go back down, leaving Yellow to her own ways of getting down.

After struggling for what seemed like an hour, she's back on the ground and the dragon holding the cloak in its mouth.

"Blue's cloak isn't it? I wonder why it's all the way out here." Yellow says to herself as she reaches out and touches it.

The dragon drops it and growls at her, baring its teeth. It backs her up into more rocks before freezing all together. 

It turns and grabs the cloak in its mouth again and spreads its wings. It starts to fly away leaving Yellow by herself and confused.

This did give her a chance to sneak up on the dragon again and thus made her follow it on foot.

Of course the flying creature will be faster than her but she could still make out the light blue belly of it in the night sky.

She also had no idea where she was going to end up but the ear piercing roar of agony and the dragon falling out of the sky told her it would be closer than expected.

The crash shook the ground for miles and Yellow rushes over to the spot, as fast as she could in armor at least.

Upon arrival there was no dragon to be seen. But only Blue in the middle of a crater that definitely belonged to the falling dragon.

She seemed scared and the cloak over her body. She looks up at Yellow and became more terrified.

Yellow slides down the side of the crater and walks to Blue. She's naked, mostly covered by her cloak besides the holes and one other thing.

Her leg. Dark and covered in scales.

_________________________________________
Writings so hard.

But I guess I have my motivation back for now.